How to Compress a Video on Windows in 2022
Video is undoubtedly an important medium for both personal and business use in the modern world typical of digital technologies. Therefore, it is definitely essential to learn some video editing techniques. In this article, we focus on how to compress a video on Windows. You will find the information on a practical video compressor called WorkinTool File Compressor, including how to use it to compress a video and its additional features. By the way, you will also be introduced to an alternative way to reduce video file size. So please start your reading now.
How to Compress a Video on Windows in 2022
Video is undoubtedly an important medium for both personal and business use in the modern world typical of digital technologies. However, compared with images, video files can be so large that they are difficult to upload and slow to load on your social media platforms or the website of your company. Also, it will be more time-consuming to edit a large-sized video, which will absolutely slower the speed of your video creation.
Therefore, it is definitely essential to learn how to compress a video if you are a social media lover or a marketing specialist exploring video marketing strategies.
So please follow this article to know some effective and easy ways to compress a video on Windows in 2022.
How to Compress a Video Using WorkinTool File Compressor
There is no doubt that resorting to a practical desktop tool will be more convenient and useful to make a video smaller. So which one should you pick since there are so many options available? Today, we would like to present you with a handy tool like this–WorkinTool File Compressor.
📌What is WorkinTool File Compressor?
WorkinTool File Compressor is a new software designed to reduce the sizes of multiple files, including images, videos, PDF, Word documents and PPT presentations. As a lightweight, offline tool, it is equipped with an easy-to-use interface with built-in clear navigation. With the help of its video compression feature, you can expect a smaller video without losing quality effortlessly and instantly. More importantly, it is utterly FREE for users currently.
📌How to shrink a video through WorkinTool File Compressor?
1. Open the tool and find Video Compression.
2. Upload your video by clicking add file or dragging it in this section.
3. Adjust the settings in the highlighted areas and/or the save path as you like, and then click on Compress to get a video with reduced size.
💡For compression priority, there are two options:
- Smaller Size: The video size will be the priority. So your video file will be reduced to a size as small as possible while the quality of the outcome will subject to little sacrifice.
- Clearer Output: The video quality will be the priority. So your video file will be exported in original quality but compressed size.
💡If you are not satisfied with the two default modes, you can alter the information in additional settings to expect a reduced video file. For example, you can lower the resolution and the frame rate to export a much smaller file; however, the output might be presented at the cost of quality.
💡For the output format, you can either export in MP4 format or its original one. The choice is up to you.
How to Compress a Video in an Alternative Way
You may still want to know how you can find other approaches to video compression. Well, a built-in program in Windows–Video Editor is a good way to help you with this objective.
Video Editor is a piece of free software on your PC if its operating system is Windows 10 or above. It is not challenging to reduce video file size via this video-editing software. However, there are only three defaulted options for video compression: HD (1080p), Medium (720P) and Low (480P), while no advanced settings are available.
A guide for resizing a video by Video Editor in Windows
2. Rename the project and then find Add to upload your video file.
📣Notice: The program will also provide you with reduced video files without losing quality. Nevertheless, it is less convenient to use an offline third-party tool if you have additional requirements.
📄Are there other methods of making a video smaller?
Yes. If the change of your video screen size is not an issue or you are all right with the edited video contents, you can crop your video or trim your video in order to reduce its file size. You can do this easily and efficiently with the help of another free product–WorkinTool Watermark Eraser.
📄Why Should I choose WorkinTool File Compressor instead of another product?
WorkinTool File Compressor, new in the market, is a helpful tool to resolve nearly all your common issues on file compression in various formats.
These are the specific reasons for making this option:
- Professional: WorkinTool File Compressor is developed by Shanghai Hudun-Tech Group, a recognized Hi-Tech company specializing in SaaS solutions for more than eight years. We are exceptionally professional when it comes to office tools that aim for working efficiency improvement.
- Various Video Formats Supported: WorkinTool File Compressor is able to compress multi-formatted videos, including MP4, AVI, WMV and FLV.
- Powerful: WorkinTool File Compressor is a highly practical multi-formatted file compression resolver. In addition to video compression, it allows you to reduce the sizes of images and the following files: PDFs, Word documents and PowerPoint slideshows, without any hassle. Hence, it proves to be a great help in your daily life, school or the workplace.
- Secure: Your safety is our priority. Therefore, we will spare no effort to protect your data privacy and information security.
- User-Oriented: Your voice matters. We will listen carefully to what our customers say, doing our utmost to satisfy all their needs and upgrade our products accordingly.
- FREE Currently: You are entitled to all the features of WorkinTool File Compressor without a license payment currently.
Compressing a video will be a piece of cake if you have a practical desktop tool on your PC. So we sincerely hope you can give WorkinTool File Compressor a try so as to enjoy great convenience for video size reduction.
Please leave a comment to tell us your experience with video compression or the software you are using to realize this goal.
Looking forward to your reply.