Free Photo Filters on Windows–3 Effective Solutions
Admittedly, image socialization has become a common phenomenon in modern life. In order to impress the netizens and attract more followers, you should edit your photos to differentiate them from the other mediocre pictures. Using photo filters will definitely be an effective way to beautify and vivify your photographs. You are probably very familiar with photo filter addition in your smartphones, but do you know how to add free photo filters on your PC? If the answer is no, please read on to learn the three effective solutions to free photo filter insertion on Windows.
Free Photo Filters on Windows–3 Effective Solutions
Admittedly, image socialization has become a common phenomenon in modern life. In order to impress the netizens and attract more followers, you should edit your photos to differentiate them from the other mediocre pictures. So how can you make a presence on your social media platforms? Using photo filters will definitely be an effective way to beautify and vivify your photographs.
We are fully aware that smartphones have been the primary choice for photography presently, which are equipped with free filters. However, when you intend to beautify your photos on your PC, it will definitely be cumbersome to transfer each photo to your iPhone or Android mobile phone and edit them with it.
So do you know how to add free photo filters on your PC? If the answer is no, please read on to learn the three effective solutions to free photo filter addition on Windows.
An Easy and Quick Way for Free Photo Filters
A handy image editor will absolutely be a great help when your request for adding free photo filters comes. The options vary in the market, so which one should you pick? Here, let me introduce you to a practical and helpful image tool–WorkinTool Image Converter.
WorkinTool Image converter is a powerful all-in-one solution to image conversion and editing. Attaching great importance to lightweight and practical ideas, its designers endow it with an easy-to-use interface and clear navigation on each feature page. Therefore, even beginners will find it simple and convenient to operate. Meanwhile, it is completely FREE for users currently, so all the features are available without any license payment and personal registration.
As for free photo filters, you can totally trust this free picture editing software. You will find 50+ templates in WorkinTool Image Converter’s 30 filter categories, including those to change colors and add special effects. Therefore, it is able to satisfy most of your needs to edit and prettify your pictures. Additionally, it takes you only three steps to get an edited photo with exceptional filter(s).
📕Here is a tutorial on free photo filter generation in WorkinTool Image Converter.
1. Open the Tool, find Edit Images and then click Add Images to upload your photo.
2. Find the flask-like icon, choose the FILTER and then try the specific filters as you like.
3. Adjust the filter strength as you want and then click Save now.
Here are some of the results.
1. In addition to the FILTER section, there are other options considered as photo filters:
BLUR (drop-like icon): blurring a picture is one of the methods for photo filters. There are four types of blur in WorkinTool: Radial Blur, Mirror Blur, Linear Blur and Gaussian Blur. The choices are up to you.
SUPERIMPOSE (3D-Square icon): There are 18 different photo filters for you to choose from, including Gold, Rain, Light Leak, Bokeh, Paper, Heart and so on.
Please see some of the outcomes.
2. For all the filters, the filter strength is adjustable, while for some filters in SUPERIMPOSE, their overlay blending modes and transparency are totally changeable. Hence, you can customize the filters with minimal effort.
Two Alternative Ways for Free Photo Filters
You are certainly free to choose other approaches to free photo filter insertion. These are two effective and simple methods based on our research.
1. Add free photo filters through Paint 3D.
Paint 3D is a free Microsoft-developed program easily accessible in the Microsoft store. It is an updated image editor compared with the built-in software-Paint. With its help, you can undertake some basic image editing, such as sticker addition and canvas adjustment.
How to insert free photo filters by Paint 3D?
1). Open your picture with Paint 3D.
2). Find Effects, then choose the filters in the areas highlighted in red and adjust the brightness in the section underlined in blue.
3). Click Menu > Save as > Image to export the outcome.
Please see the result.
- No third-party tool involved
- Simple filter-adding process
- Meed your needs for basic image editing
- Very limited photo filters
- Filters to change color only
2. Add free photo filters via Adobe Photoshop.
There is no need to offer you a detailed introduction to Adobe Photoshop, as it has always been the first choice for image editing. With its powerful Filter section, you can transform the contents of your photos into anything that you like. Also, it allows you to put filters on one part of your picture with its Lasso tool. Within its 7-day free trial period, you can enjoy its full features without limitation.
A guide for putting free photo filters with Adobe Photoshop.
1). Open your picture with Photoshop.
2). Double-click the image in the Layer part and then press the OK tab in the pop-up window to remove the lock. (The description will change from Background to Layer).
3). Find Filter and then decide which filter(s) you intend to apply.
4). Click File > Save as > Save.
1. For amateur image editing requests, the filters in Filter Gallery or the highlighted area are enough to fulfill them.
Here are two examples.
2. Photoshop allows you to adjust more parameters of the filters as it is a program designed for professor image editors.
- Multiple Professional filters
- Further adjustment for each filter
- Complex interface for beginners and amateur photo editors
- Limited free trial period
- Costly license payment
Something More to Say
📌Can I still pick another way to add free photo filters?
Yes. You can resort to some free online photo editors. According to our research, Fotor is a practical one we would like to recommend. As a professional and acclaimed image editor, Fotor online version will provide you with 100+ free photo filters. You can choose Effects > Filters/Effects or AI Art to beautify your pictures. Most filters are free to use in Fotor, but you have to complete your registration to download the edited photo.
📌Why should you choose WorkinTool Image Converter over other products?
- Lightweight and Simple: WorkinTool is lightweight enough to take up little PC space. Also, it boasts an easy-to-use interface with clear instructions on almost each feature page, so even beginners will find it simple and convenient to use.
- Multiple Filters: WorkinTool provides various filters able to change the color, brightness, sharpness and texture of or add special effects to your photos. Therefore, your different needs for filter addition can be met effortlessly.
- Adjustable Filters: WorkinTool allows you to adjust the intensity of each filter. For those in SUPERIMPOSE, their overlay blending modes and transparency are changeable. Hence, you can customize the final effect of your chosen filter.
- High-Quality Guarantee: The edited photos via WorkinTool will all be exported without losing quality.
- Utterly FREE currently: You are entitled to all WorkinTool’s features without any license payment and personal registration currently.
- Green Without Ads and Intrusive Watermark: There will be no advertisements in the course of your filter addition and no intrusive watermark inserted into the output.
- Powerful with Various Features: WorkinTool, more than an image converter, is also a practical image editor facilitated with various useful features. You can use it to remove the background of a picture, enlarge an image, colorize old photos, convert image to black and white, blur a picture, add stickers to photos, make a picture collage, make a photo look old and more.
Adding filters is absolutely an effective way to make your photos conspicuous. Therefore, it would be better to master this technique, especially in the modern era typical of social media sharing.
We sincerely hope you can learn how to put free photos stickers on your pictures after reading this article. However, it is strongly advisable to give WorkinTool Image Converter a try.
So are you ready to change your images with free photo filters and blow your followers’ and other netizens’ minds?