How to Easily Convert WMF Files to JPG FREE in Windows
In this article, we will talk about how to convert WMF files to JPG for FREE in Windows. Two offline ways are introduced here: using a third-party tool called WorkinTool Image Converter (It’s easy, convenient, FREE and supports batch conversion.) and a built-in program in Windows–Paint. You will know how both methods work and why you should choose them. Please start your reading now to get yourself fully informed.
How to Easily Convert WMF Files to JPG for FREE in Windows
Do you know that 100+ image file formats now exist in the digital world? In addition to the common ones like JPG, PNG, BMP and GIF, there are some rarely-seen picture formats like AVIF and WMF. For general users, they may not be able to view these less typical pictures as a result of the limitation caused by their PC programs. Therefore, it is essential for you to change their formats if they happen to be your recipients of these images.
Since we talked about how to convert AVIF to JPG in Windows last time, we will focus on how to easily convert WMF files to JPG for FREE in Windows today. Both methods mentioned in this article are offline ways.
Please read on to unlock its mystery.
Things to Know Before Your WMF-to-JPG Conversion
📝What is a WMF file?
WMF, which stands for Windows Metafile Format with the extension of .wmf, is a vector graphic developed by Microsoft in the 1990s. It contains a series of metafile records that store drawing operations, including commands for drawing lines, circles, and rectangles that make up the graphic. Therefore, it is similar to an SVG file to some extent. To open it, you need Paint, Microsoft Office, or additional third-party tools since Microsoft Photos is unable to do so.
📝Why do you need to convert WMF files to JPG?
As mentioned above, a WMF file is far from a typical image format in modern life. It is OK for professional image editors as they will figure out a way to open and view it. However, the general public may have no clue what a WMF file is and how to open it. Hence, it is essential to change WMF files to a common picture format like .jpg.
This article is here to help you with this problem and please read on to know the specific guides for converting WMF files to JPG, with and without a third-Party Tool.
How to Convert WMF Files to JPG with a Third-Party Tool
Admittedly, a handy third-party tool will make your image conversion easy and fast. Since there are a range of options in the market, which one should you choose? Here, we would like to introduce you to a piece of practical software–WorkinTool Image Converter.
📕How to transform WMF files into JPG through WorkinTool Image Converter?
1. Open the tool, find Feature Conversion > Convert Images and then click Add images to upload your picture(s).
2. Select JPG in the drop-down box below Output Format and click Start.
(You can change the save path here as you want.)
3. Hit View now to retrieve your converted image(s).
Here is the result.
Batch conversion is available in WorkinTool Image Converter. Hence, you can export multiple WMF files to JPG images with just one click.
📌What is WorkinTool Image Converter?
WorkinTool Image Converter is a crucial and highly acclaimed member of WorkinTool product family. Endowed with a lightweight and simple interface, even beginners will find it convenient to operate. Besides, as a powerful image solution provider, it boasts a variety of valuable features, more than just image conversion, as it is able to meet your following requests:
|Feature Conversion||Picture Toolbox||Edit Picture for Fun|
Remove the Background of a picture
Make ID Photo
Fix Facial Blur
Add Special Effects
When it comes to WMF-to-JPG conversion, you need only three steps to complete this task. Furthermore, its function–batch conversion will save you the cumbersome process of changing all your WMF files one by one.
Meanwhile, WorkinTool Image Converter is completely FREE for users currently. Therefore, all its features are accessible without a license payment and compulsory registration. Much as it is freeware, you will expect a green conversion process and outcome since no ads will be seen in your conversion and no intrusive watermark will be generated on your output.
How to Save WMF files as JPG Without a Third-Party Tool
If you are a person unwilling to download and install a third-party tool, you can find useful information in this chapter.
Certainly, you don’t have to use an additional tool; Paint can be a great help to meet your request for changing WMF files to JPG. Paint is a built-in program in Windows. Mainly designed as a drawing tool, it goes upgrading with the development of the Windows operating system. Now, it is both a painting program and an elementary image editor.
📕How to turn WMF files into JPG by Paint?
1. Open your WMF file with Paint.
2. Click File > Save as > JPEG.
3. Press the Save button in the pop-up window.
You will see a reminder to notify you that any transparency will be lost if you save this picture. You should try another method if you care about this situation.
Please see the result.
Here is our verdict on this method.
|😀Good News||😒Bad News|
Something More to Say
📌Why should you choose WorkinTool Image Converter?
WorkinTool Image Converter is a helpful image converter and editor designed for both professional use and fun. You should not miss it for the following reasons:
- Lightweight and Simple: Inspired by the ideas of practicability and simplicity, its designers endow the software with a lightweight and simple interface.
- User-friendly: On top of its lightweight feature, clear instructions are visible on each feature page, so even beginners will find it convenient to operate.
- Multiple Formats Supported: WorkinTool enables you to change multi-formatted images to 100+ other picture formats (JPG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, GIF, WebP, HEIC, RAW files and more) with great ease and in an instant.
- Batch Processing: WorkinTool allows you to export multiple files simultaneously to your targeted image formats with just one click.
- High-Quality Output: All the converted images will be exported without losing quality.
- Utterly FREE: WorkinTool is entirely free for users currently, so all the features are accessible without any license payment and compulsory registration.
- Green: Much as it is a free program, there will be no advertisements in the course of your image conversion and no intrusive watermark added to the output.
There are definitely more than these ways to convert WMF files to JPG. However, both methods recommended here prove to be easy, convenient and free. Also, we sincerely hope this article can provide answers to your questions concerning WMF-to-JPG conversion, and you can give WorkinTool Image Converter a try.
Now, are you ready to change your WMF files to JPG images?