How to Highlight in PDF Documents for FREE on Windows
Don’t have an idea of how to highlight in PDF on Windows? Don’t worry. This article will provide two solutions, including using a desktop tool called WokrinTool PDF Converter and an online converter–ToolRocket. Not only will you know the specific guides for highlighting texts in PDF and customizing your highlight through these two tools, but also you will unlock alternative ways to mark the words with them. Please start your reading now.
How to Highlight in PDF Documents for FREE on Windows in 2022
You must have already found that the files enclosed in the attachment of an email have been PDF documents in place of Microsoft Word. Sometimes, you intend to mark some important content of a PDF file by highlighting the relevant texts in it or adding sticky notes to it, but you find it less easy to realize this goal as it is unlike Word files which can be effortlessly editable. What can you do? Don’t worry. This article will provide two solutions regarding how to highlight in PDF documents on Windows:
- How to Highlight in PDF Documents on Windows in an Offline Way?
- How to Highlight in PDF Documents on Windows with an Online Method?
Both approaches prove to be simple, convenient and, most significantly, FREE. Now, let’s begin our discussion.
How to Highlight in PDF Documents on Windows in an Offline Way?
Since a PDF document is naturally non-editable, a handy tool is required to highlight text in it. There are now various options in the market; you may have picked your ideal one. However, you can switch your attention to the one that we present today–WorkinTool PDF Converter if you plan to try something new or hesitate to decide which one to choose.
📕How to Highlight in PDF Documents on Windows through WorkinTool PDF Converter?
1. Open the tool, find View & Edit > PDF Edit and then click the marked area to upload your PDF file.
2. Click the pencil icon, choose the mode and highlight the text(s) or line(s).
If you would like to highlight a particular line:
Choose the Text Highlighter and double-click the line(s) you hope to highlight.
If you want to mark one or a few specific words:
Select the Freeform Highlight, click on the text(s) you plan to mark and drag the brush to cover them.
3. Press the Download tab to export a highlighted PDF.
🙋♂️Something more about Text Highlighter
You can customize the highlight effect in the toolbar below, including:
- Color: Four options are available for you: yellow, blue, green and pink.
- Shadow: The shadow of the highlight is adjustable.
- Styles: WorkinTool offers you 12 styles to customize your highlight effect.
🙋♂️Something more about Freeform Highlight
There is also a built-in toolbar for this option and all the following features are adjustable:
- Color: 17 choices are there for you to mark your words.
- Shadow Color: You can change highlight shadow color with WorkinTool’s 18 options.
- Shadow: You can decide how deep the shadow of your highlight effect is.
- Styles: There are also 12 styles in this function to make a distinct and conspicuous highlight in your PDF file.
3). Eraser is here to help you remove highlight if you are discontent with the effect.
Here come the outcomes.
📌What is WorkinTool PDF Converter and why should you choose it?
WorkinTool PDF Converter is a powerful and helpful all-in-one PDF converter that allows you to easily, instantly and safely convert and edit your PDF files, including highlighting text in PDF. Inspired by the lightweight concept, its designers endow it with an easy-to-use interface convenient enough for beginners to operate.
Besides, batch conversion and editing are available for most features. More importantly, WorkinTool is utterly FREE for users currently, so all the following features are accessible without any license payment:
|Convert from PDF||Convert to PDF||Edit PDF|
|PDF to Word||Word to PDF||Split PDF|
|PDF to Excel||Excel to PDF||Merge PDF|
|PDF to PPT||PPT to PDF||Compress PDF|
|PDF to JPG||Image to PDF||Add Watermark to PDF|
|PDF to HTML||Add Texts to PDF|
|Add Page Numbers to PDF|
|Password Protect PDF|
These are the specific reasons for picking it:
- Professional: WorkinTool is developed by a recognized Hi-Tech company specializing in SaaS solutions for more than eight years. We are exceptionally professional for office tools that aim for working efficiency improvement.
- Lightweight and Simple: WorkinTool is equipped with a user-friendly interface, making even beginners feel convenient and simple to operate.
- Powerful: Two highlight modes are available: Freeform Highlight and Text Highlighter. For each mode, there are many useful features, including cross-out brush, straight underline and wavy underline in Text Highlighter.
- Customizable Highlight Effects: The colors, shadows and styles are totally adjustable in both highlight modes.
- High-quality Guarantee: The edited PDF files will be exported without losing quality.
- Completely FREE Currently: WorkinTool is entirely free for users currently, so you are entitled to all its features without license payment and compulsory registration.
- Green: There will be no advertisements in the course of your conversion, while no intrusive watermark will be inserted into your output.
- Secure: Your safety is our priority. Therefore, we will spare no effort to protect your data privacy and information security.
- User-Oriented: Your voice matters. We will listen carefully to what our customers say, doing our utmost to satisfy all their needs and upgrade our products accordingly.
How to Highlight in PDF Documents on Windows with an Online Method?
If you find it inconvenient to download and install a desktop program, an online converter can be an effective solution. Here, you can try the online version of WorkinTool–ToolRocket.
ToolRocket is a helpful all-around online PDF editor and converter presented by WorkinTool. Much as there are many valuable functions, its interface is logically designed and convenient to use. Its feature–Organize PDF is pretty practical one instrumental in highlighting text in PDF. Furthermore, it is totally FREE to use without compulsory registration.
📕How to highlight in PDF documents on Windows by ToolRocket?
1. Open ToolRocket and find Edit Files > Organize PDF.
2. Click the highlighted area to upload your PDF file.
3. Find the pencil icon, select the mode and highlight the text(s) or line(s).
4. Press the Download button to get your PDF document with highlighted texts.
1). There are also two highlight modes in ToolRocket: Text Highlighter and Freeform Highlight. The same usage is recommended, as is mentioned in the last chapter.
2). It allows you to adjust the same features in WorkinTool. Please refer to the last chapter.
Here is the result.
Something More to Say
📌Alternative Ways to Highlight in PDF by WorkinTool and ToolRocket.
There is more than one way to highlight text in PDF with the help of both WorkinTool and ToolRocket.
You can choose and double-click the word(s) or line(s) without choosing a feature to activate a small toolbar like this:
The features are as follows:
- Highlight Box: it is the default mode, which is Text Highlighter. It enables you to create a box-like selection to cover the lines you choose.
- Cross-out Brush: You can turn the original content into red strikethrough texts if you intend to cross out the texts in a PDF document.
- Straight Underline: It allows you to highlight your texts by creating a black straight line below them.
- Wavy Underline: It helps you draw a red wavy line below your targeted texts to mark them and draw the viewers’ attention.
Please see the results.
📌Should I select desktop software or an online converter?
It is absolutely hard to say which one is better than the other one. Therefore, the decision is for you to make. Here is some specific information for your reference.
- Desktop software: As it requires no internet access, it will help you with your request anywhere and anytime if you have your laptop. All the conversion and editing will take place on your PC and all the outcomes will be directly exported on it. Hence, your data privacy and information security will normally be guaranteed.
- An Online Converter: It can be your primary option if you find it cumbersome to download and install a tool. Most online converters provide fast and instant conversion or editing services. However, an online converter can only work with internet access. Since all the conversion and editing processes are undertaken online, the converting or editing speed may be subject to instability. Also, limitations may apply to the free versions of some online converters, including task numbers per day, file size, file numbers, etc. Besides, the outcomes have to be downloaded in order to get them.
How to highlight in PDF has become an essential skill in the modern workplace or at school owing to the public’s frequent interaction with this file format. We sincerely hope that you can pinpoint an ideal solution after reading this article. However, it is strongly advisable to give WorkinTool PDF Converter a try.
Now, are you ready to highlight texts in your PDF documents?