How to Make a Video Clip for FREE on Windows in 2022
Do you feel like cutting a clip from a long video that you have recently enjoyed and sharing it on your social media? If the answer is yes, you definitely need to master some basic video editing skills to help you with this goal. Today, we will discuss how to make a video clip on Windows in 2022. The methods introduced in this article prove to be convenient, effective and FREE, including the easiest way–using a practical desktop tool–WorkinTool VidClipper and an alternative way–Microsoft Photos, along with some other possible solution. You will know the specific tutorials on how to use them to meet this request. Please start your reading now.
How to Make a Video Clip for FREE on Windows in 2022
Do you feel like cutting a clip from a long video that you have recently enjoyed and sharing it on your social media? If the answer is yes, you definitely need to master some basic video editing skills to help you with this goal. Today, we will discuss how to make a video clip on Windows in 2022. The methods introduced in this article prove to be convenient, effective and FREE.
Now, let’s start our journey.
Things to know Before Video Clip Making
🙋♂️Why is it important to learn how to make a video clip?
The swift technological advancement has almost digitized everything around us. Therefore, social media, in the gradual place of traditional ones, has become mainstream in modern society, which makes video sharing and video marketing quite normal and frequent.
However, the fast-paced life has significantly disturbed the public’s concentration, so a long video will definitely be far from a wise decision to grab the attention, which prompts you to cut it short if an effective video marketing campaign is what you are looking for presently.
Also, the video length limit applies to several social media platforms. For instance, Instagram usually allows you to upload a video no longer than 60 seconds for your post while up to 15 seconds for stories. For TikTok, you can normally upload a short video in 15 seconds, 60 seconds, or 3 minutes now. Hence, it is sometimes unlikely to share a long video via some prevalent social media platforms.
So it is crucial to learn how to split or trim a video and create a video clip for free. Please read on to know the specific information.
How to Make a Video Clip for FREE–The Easiest Way
There is no doubt that a handy video editor will be a great help for video clip making. Here, I would like to present you with a powerful and practical one–WorkinTool VidClipper.
WorkinTool VidCippler is a helpful video editor designed to meet both professional and amateur video-editing requests. There are many useful built-in features, but it boasts a simple and convenient interface for most users and even beginners. As for video clip making, you only need a few steps to export your clips in batches. Also, VidClipper is entirely FREE for users currently, so all the features are accessible without a license payment and compulsory registration.
📕How to generate a video clip through WorkinTool VidClipper?
1. Open VidClipper and find Video Splitter.
2. Click the highlighted tab or drag your video here to upload it.
3. Drag the progress bar or choose the start and end time in the Cut Clip section to pinpoint the cutting area, and then adjust the settings and save path as you like.
4. Click Add clip to list > Export.
1). VidClipper enables you to cut your video into several parts and export them in batches. So you can expect multiple clips with just one click.
2). You can further edit a clip by pressing the Edit tab below it. Then all the functions next to the original video can be targeted to this chosen clip. Then click OK to save the changes.
3). The video and audio quality can be adjustable through the Settings section above the save path.
- *Video: Encoder, Frame Rate, Resolution Rate and Bit Rate.
- Audio: Encoder, Sample Rate, Channel and Bit Rate.
* By altering the parameters here, the ultimate size of your clips can be decidable. Hence, you can make a video clip smaller or bigger.
4). VidClipper provides additional features like video cropping and rotation:
*Crop a Video: You can drag the frame edge of the video or adjust the parameters below the Screen crop sign.
Flip/Rotate a Video: Four rotating modes are available for you: Rotate Clockwise, Rotate Counter-Clockwise, Flip Horizontally and Flip Vertically.
*There is a quick way to resize your video. You can choose to keep the aspect ratio, which leaves the current size unchanged. And other ratio templates are optional for you as well, including 16:9 (YouTube and Widescreen), 9:16 (Instagram and Snap Story), 4:3, 3:4, 1:1 (Square) and 6:7.
5). You can customize the notification settings during the output export; for example, ringtone reminder, PC shut down and no further operation.
📌Why should you choose WorkinTool VidClipper?
- Lightweight and Simple: WorkinTool is lightweight enough to take up little PC space. Also, it wins the users’ acclaim by its easy-to-use interface with clear instructions on some of its feature pages, so even beginners will find it simple and convenient to use.
- Batch Exporting: You can split your video into several parts and make multiple video clips with just one click.
- Multiple Editing Features: Your videos can be easily and instantly customizable through our various editing features, including 100+ stylish texts (adding subtitles to a video), 60+ filters, 300+ transitions, 70+ overlay effects, 200+ elements and 600+ sound effects.
- Quick Modes for Some Editing Functions: You can quickly split your video, combine your clips, remove your video background, convert video and text to audio, remove video watermark and more with the tools listed on the opening page.
- High-Quality Guarantee: The output via WorkinTool VidClipper will be exported without losing quality.
- Completely FREE currently: You are entitled to all the features of WorkinTool VidClipper without any license payment and personal registration.
- Green Without Ads and Intrusive Watermark: There will be no advertisements in the course of your image transformation and no intrusive watermark added to the outcomes.
How to Make a Video Clip for FREE–An Alternative Way
There are always other methods of splitting your videos. When it comes to a free way, we would like to introduce you to Microsoft Photos to help you with this objective.
Microsoft Photos is a built-in program in Windows operating system (Win 10 and above). It is a video viewer as well as an elementary video editor. If you have no complex or professional editing requirements, you can absolutely rely on it.
📕A tutorial on how to make a video clip via Microsoft Photos.
1. Open your video with Microsoft Photos and find the edit icon (cross-pencils) > Trim.
2. Drag the progress bar to decide the trimming selection.
3. Click Save a copy.
As you can see, the editing process is less challenging in Microsoft Photos. However, there are some disadvantages to this program. Please see the detailed information below:
|😀Good News||😒Bad News|
Something More to Say
📌Is there still another approach to making a video clip?
Yes. If it is the last thing for you to download and install a third-party tool, you can resort to Microsoft PowerPoint. It is not difficult to trim a video in PPT and the main steps are shown below:
Also, you can try another product of WorkinTool–Watermark Eraser if you are all right with third-party software. By choosing the feature-Trim Video, you can easily and instantly cut out parts of a video and create a clip.
Making a video clip is an essential skill whether you are a frequent video sharer on social media or a professional video editor. We sincerely hope that our article has offered you ideal solutions to this request.
You are welcome to try all the methods here. However, it is strongly advisable to put WorkinTool VidClipper on your priority list.
Now, are you ready to make your video clips?