How to Restore Audio Files on Windows and Android 2022
If you have tried every way you know to get back lost audio files but still cannot restore the audio you want, read the text below, and you will get what you want. This post explains how to restore deleted or lost audio files on Windows and Android with reliable solutions. Among them, a desktop audio recovery program WorkinTool Data Recovery is highly recommended for the following feature.
1. Free to use without any hidden costs
2. Handle all popular files at ease, including audio files, videos, office documents, etc.
3. Fast scanning and recovering speed
4. Easy operation steps
5. Available for both internal and external hard drives
How to Restore Deleted Audio Files on Windows and Android 2022
Sometimes the audio files accidentally disappear. You are on the right page if you want to restore your music lists, podcasts, audio recordings, and other audio files without quality loss.
This post covers everything you want to know about audio recovery. We provide practical file recovery methods and detailed operation steps, covering both built-in features on your devices and reliable third-party audio recovery software WorkinTool Data Recovery.
Read on to learn how to restore audio files on Windows, Android, and online. With the solutions below, you can get the lost or deleted audio files back in seconds.
Why Your Files Get Lost?
To begin with, we need to check why your audio files disappear and select the best solution according to the actual situation. There are common causes of file loss.
- Mistaken deletion
- Virus or malicious software attack
- Accidentally formatted audio drive
- Abrupt power failure or device shut-down
Can Lost Files be Restored?
Of course, if you haven’t overwritten new data on your devices, such as an SD card, internal disk drive, or another external hard drive, you still have a chance to restore audio files.
As a note, if your devices have read and written new data after the file loss, retrieving the lost or deleted audio files is impossible because the data structure is renewed. Therefore, please immediately STOP USING the drive, or you will not be able to find your files.
How to Restore Audio Files on Windows?
If you lose files on a computer, it is much easier to get them back. The Windows system offers a few built-in tools to recover deleted or lost audio files. And you have multiple options of audio restoration software on the market.
Here we’ll introduce the frequently-used preinstalled tools in Windows and a reliable third-party software WorkinTool Data Recovery. You can freely choose one based on your situation.
Recover Audio from Recycle Bin
The first and the most straightforward way is—Recycle Bin. It just takes a few steps.
- Open Recycle Bin on your Windows computer.
- You can sort deleted files by name, original location, date deleted/modified, size, and item type in ascending or descending order. Or search the audio file in the upper-right corner search box.,
- Select and right-click the files you want to bring back. Click Restore.
Retrieve Audio from Backup
If your computer has a backup drive or you have created a cloud backup like OneDrive, and the File History option is turned on, you still have a chance to restore lost audio files. The backup you created using the Backup and Restore tool on Windows 7 will is till available in later versions.
- Type restore files in the search box of the bottom taskbar and select Restore your files with File History.
- Select a folder that stores the original audio file, or search your file in the search box.
- When you find the correct audio, you can preview it and click the upper right gear icon > Restore to/Restore to bring it back.
🧿One-click Restore Audio Files via Software
If you still can’t find the deleted files in Windows, you can’t employ third-party software to help you with that issue. After searching and testing for a long time in the audio recovery software market, we find WorkinTool Data Recovery is reliable, enabling you to get lost or deleted audio files back for FREE without complicated operations or skilled techniques.
Features in Use
It takes a few clicks to get the lost audio back. This method is similar to recovering deleted videos.
1. Launch WorkinTool Data Recovery and select a scene that suits your situation. Then select a path and press Scan Now to start scanning.
2. Search your audio file in File Type > Audio, and choose an audio format.
3. Finally, tick the file you want to restore and press Recover (If you can’t find the deleted or lost audio file, click Deep Scan to get a more detailed result).
How to Restore Audio Files On Android without PC
Many people recommend Google Drive to restore audio files. However, the truth is that audio files will not be synced with Google Drive unless you manually upload audio to the drive. If your Google Drive contains no audio data, how can you restore your audio files?
Since every Android device has a slightly different interface, it is better to download a professional audio recovery app for audio scanning and recovery. Audio Recovery is a simple and lightweight app by which you can recover deleted audio files like MP3, AAC, voice recording, voice mail, etc.
However, its scanning speed is a little bit slow. And sometimes, not all files can be successfully recovered, such as audio files lost a long time ago. But you can rest assured that no data will be collected or shared with third parties.
Features in Use
- Install and open this app on your phone. Then tap Audio > Recover Audio > Recover Deleted Audio or Recover Lost Audio.
- Wait for detection. Then choose the audio you need in the detected audio files and tap Recover.
- Select View Recovered Audio > ALL RECOVERED AUDIO to check the deleted or lost audio files.
📢Tips: Make sure your phone has a sufficient storage place for the recovered data and avoid interruption when using this audio restoration app.
Since online audio recovery tools may have potential risks, it is better to choose built-in programs or offline audio restoration software. The four methods above may help retrieve data loss. WorkinTool Data Recovery Software is highly recommended among the four tools for its free pricing, powerful features, and easy operation. Try these methods with ease. Hope you can restore audio files successfully!