How to Recover Deleted Photos on Instagram [6 Proven Ways]
Various ways are effective in recovering deleted photos on Instagram. According to different cases, we provide specific solutions. If you need to recover a permanently deleted Instagram photo that you used to save on your computer, you can use this FREE WorkinTool Data Recovery Software. It is:
1️⃣ 100% free to recover and re-download files
2️⃣ Batch recover multiple Instagram photos with one click
3️⃣ Rapid scanning and recovery course
4️⃣ High photo recovery success rate without making it broken
How to Recover Deleted Photos on Instagram [6 Proven Ways]
Instagram allows you to share photo posts and send photo messages to chat with others. Sometimes, we may regret deleting the previous post or cleaning the photo messages by mistake. Is there an effective way to recover these Instagram photos? This guide will explain how to recover deleted photos from Instagram with six effective and efficient methods. You can refer to one specific way according to your practical case.
🔎 Is Deleted Instagram Photos Recovery Possible?
The answer is definitely YES. There are several ways you can retrieve deleted Instagram photos. On the one hand, you can try to restore the deleted photos from your Instagram account. The Recent Deleted Folder on Instagram will preserve the deleted photos for days. Meanwhile, the Instagram Archive will back up your Instagram data. On the other hand, you have a great chance to recover deleted Instagram photos if you have ever saved them on your computer, iPhone, Android, or the Cloud. Check for specific instructions to get your photo back.
Two Ways to Recover Deleted Photos on Instagram Account
🔶 Fix 1. Check the Recent Deleted Folder
|📢 “This solution works if you need to restore recently deleted photos on Instagram and don’t clear the trash folder on Instagram.”|
The recently deleted Instagram photos will exist in the Recent Deleted Folder on your Instagram account. But Instagram won’t save these deleted items perpetually. Photos from Recently Deleted will be automatically deleted 30 days later.
How to recover deleted Instagram photos from the Recent Deleted Folder
- Step1. Sign in to your Instagram, then go to Profile > the More button> Recent Deleted. Here you can check all the deleted Instagram photos and videos within 30 days.
- Step2. Open the photo you want to restore and click the More button in the top right corner; then press Restore to Profile to recover it.
🔶 Fix 2. Find Deleted Photos in Instagram Archive
|📢 “This solution works when you have archived the deleted Instagram post. ”|
Another way to recover deleted photos and posts on your Instagram account is to use the Instagram Archive feature. It allows you to archive posts you’ve shared or want to hide from your profile. When you archive a post, it will keep your post’s photos, videos, likes, comments, etc.
How to re-download deleted photos and posts in the Instagram Archive
- Step1. Log in to your Instagram account. Then click the Profile button and click the Archive icon in the top right corner.
- Step2. Check the archived posts to find the photo you want to recover and re-download it.
More to share: how to archive a post on Instagram.
- Step1. Click on your Profile picture. Then, open the post you want to archive and click on the More button in the top right corner.
- Step2. Press the Archive option. The post will be archived on Instagram.
Two Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Photos on PC
🔷 Fix 1. Recover Photos from Recycle Bin
|📢 “This solution works if you delete the Instagram photo from the desktop and don’t clean the Recycle Bin.”|
The deleted photos from a PC will first be saved in the Recycle Bin. It is very likely that you can recover them without any software. However, if you cleaned the Recycle Bin, those photos will be permanently removed from your PC, then you need to install data recovery software to restore them.
How to recover deleted Instagram photos on Windows from Recycle Bin
- Step1. Click on the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop. Search for your photo in the search bar.
- Step2. Right-click the photo you want to recover and then press Restore to re-download it to your computer.
🔷 Fix 2. Restore Permanently Deleted Instagram Photos via Data Recovery Software
|📢 “This solution works if you have ever saved the photo on your computer, or you used to use the desktop Instagram.”|
Data Recovery software is helpful in recovering deleted files from a computer. There are various options in the field. Among numerous products, you can give this WorkinTool Data Recovery preference. It gives you an extremely long-term free trial version to use. All basic or advanced features are free to access without any restrictions. It brings a high photo recovery rate. With its deep scan feature, you can restore those old photos from years ago. Furthermore, the scanning and recovery processes are within seconds. Apart from Instagram photo recovery, WorkinTool Data Recovery also supports other file recoveries and platforms. You can use it to recover deleted YouTube videos, recover deleted Instagram messages, recover deleted emails in Outlook, etc. Install it right now to restore your Instagram photos back.
How to recover deleted photos from Instagram with WorkinTool Data Recovery
- Step1. Launch the WorkinTool Data Recovery and select Deletion Recovery on the dashboard.
- Step2. Select the hard drive you used to preserve Instagram photos. Usually, the desktop Instagram files are saved in C:\Users\<username>\AppData.
- Step3. Filter the scanned deleted files and choose the photo category. Search for deleted Instagram photos with names, file formats, sizes, deletion time, etc. Then pick it up and press the Recover button.
You can effortlessly retrieve deleted Instagram photos from your PC within these three steps.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Instagram with Backup
|📢 “This solution works under the premise that you have backed up your Instagram photos on Google Backup, Google Photos, etc. ”|
You can easily retrieve the deleted photos if you store the Instagram photo in the Cloud, such as Google Drive, Google Photos, iCloud, etc. But this cloud storage space is limited. If you use the maximum space, you can’t back up any more files in the Cloud for free. Check whether it helps you back up your target Instagram photo first.
How to recover deleted photos on Instagram through Google Drive, Google Photos, iCloud, etc.
- Step1. Log in to your Google Drive, Google Photos, iCloud, and more on the webpage.
- Step2. Locate the backed-up photo you want to restore, then right-click it and press the download button to recover it to PC or mobile.
How to Retrieve Deleted Instagram Photos on iPhone and Android
If you used to share photos on the Instagram app on your phone and need to find the deleted photos, you can check your Photo Gallery first. The iPhone and some Android phones will store the recently deleted photos for about 30 days. You can check whether the deleted Instagram photos still exist in your Photo Gallery.
If not, install a specialized data recovery app for help. Dr.Fone is a good option for both iPhone and Android users. It allows you to retrieve accidentally deleted and old photos after years. Using it, you can preview the recovered pictures for free. However, it is not free to re-download the recovered files. This can be said to be the biggest downside for Dr.Fone. But there are seldom totally free data recovery apps in the field. Its price is relatively reasonable.
How to recover deleted Instagram photos with Dr.Fone photo recovery app
- Step1. Download and Install Dr.Fone from App Store or Google Play. Then open the app.
- Step2. Select the photo as the file type you want to recover.
- Step3. Pick the Instagram photo you want to retrieve and press the Recover button.
The Final Words
Here, we represent comprehensive solutions to recover deleted photos on Instagram. Detailed steps for retrieving images from the Instagram account webpage, PC, and mobile are provided here. Follow these instructions to get the deleted Instagram photos back.