Add Page Numbers to PDF Free Online | WorkinTool
WorkinTool PDF Page Numbering online tool helps you easily insert page number in PDF documents without Adobe in batches. Moreover, you can make a custom page numbering in PDF by selecting the size, font, style, etc., of the page numbers.
Upload each PDF file within 2 MB
Support at most 4 files at a time
Select file or drop file here
Your files are secure
How to Add Page Numbers to a PDF Online for Free
Select a PDF file from your folder or drag and drop it to upload. A PDF within 2 MB is admittable to import.
Click the + button to process PDF page numbers in bulk.
Decide on the margin-bottom of the PDF pages and the font, size, and style of the page numbers. Then press Convert to start.
Tips for Inserting Page Number in PDF Online
- 1. Select Safe PDF Page Numbering Tools: When you upload your sensitive PDF files to any online program, the first thing is to heed its file security protection and deleting-file notification. A good tool, like WorkinTool, will remove the uploaded files from their servers as quickly as possible.
- 2. Page Number Style: You'd better ensure whether the wanted page number styles are in online PDF tools. For example, the common types are Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3...)(-1-, -2-, -3-...)(1/n, 2/n, 3/n...); Roman numerals (Ⅰ, Ⅱ, Ⅲ...) (ⅰ, ⅱ, ⅲ...); and letters (A, B, C...) (a, b, c...).
- 3. Flexible PDF Page Numbering: If you want to make flexible PDF page numbering online, you need to know if the tool provides several page number settings, such as font, location, color, etc.
- 4. Check the Final Effect: After downloading the edited PDF with new number footers, you should look through every page to see whether there is a mistake.
Other PDF Converter Online Tools
- Convert to
- Convert from
- PDF File Security
- PDF File Operator
- PDF Content Editor
- DWG to PDF Converter
- EPUB Converter
Add Page Numbers to PDF Online with WorkinTool
100% Free to Add PDF Page Numbers Online
If you are finding a completely free online page number adder, WorkinTool PDF Page Numbering online tool is what you want. Everyone can add their desired page numbers to PDF without charge. Moreover, there are no watermarks inserted into the outcome files.
Make a Custom PDF Page Numbering
If you are tired of plain white footers and want to create your exclusive PDF page numbering, WorkinTool online can make it come true. In WorkinTool, you can set the bottom margin, page number color, font, size, and style, which breaks the mold.
A Fully-Featured PDF Page Adder
Besides adding page numbers, WorkinTool online can add anything you want to about PDF. For instance, you can add a blank page, merge other PDFs, insert comments, add shapes/stamps/watermarks, etc. Moreover, you can rearrange PDF pages, delete unwanted pages, remove PDF test, and more as well.
PDF File Security Promised
After 24 hours since you upload PDF files to add page numbers, WorkinTool will remove these files permanently from its cloud server. Therefore, you don't need to worry about any privacy leakage when working with WorkinTool.
Bonus: How to Add Page Numbers in PDF Offline
Way 1. Insert Page Number in PDF on Windows 10/11
If you dislike numbering pages of PDF files online, you can use an offline tool like WorkinTool PDF Converter. It is a robust but accessible PDF editor and page number adder compatible with all Windows systems. You can flexibly change the starting page number, text format, color, font, and position. Moreover, you can preview the PDF page numbering effect before processing.
- Step 1. Free download and launch WorkinTool PDF Converter. Then head to Tool Box > Add Page Numbers to upload your PDF file.
- Step 2. Move to the right sidebar to configure the first number, text format, size, font, and position as you need.
- Step 3. Hover the cursor on the page you want to preview. Then click the + button to check the effect. Once you are satisfied with it, tap the Convert button to insert page numbers into PDF instantly.
- Try It Now >>
Way 2. PDF Page Numbering on Mac
If you have downloaded and purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can quickly add the wanted headers and footers to PDF without sweating. Moreover, you can update the latest page numbers or remove unwanted footers with Adobe as well. However, it is more suitable for PDF experts because you need to set many detailed parameters. Anyway, let's learn how to add page numbers in Adobe together.
- Step 1. Import your PDF file to Adobe Acrobat. Then find Edit PDF in the Tools.
- Step 2. Click Header & Footer > Add in the tool ribbon.
- Step 3. In the Add Header and Footer panel, you can choose the page number margin, font, location, and page range for your preference. When you finish, click OK to confirm.
Way 3. Add Page Numbers to PDF without Adobe on Mac
If you want to find a more accessible PDF page numbering tool than Adobe on Mac, Preview can be your best option. It is a free Mac default PDF editor that can solve your primary PDF hassles, including adding page number to PDF, etc. Due to its clear interface, you can number PDF pages without tech help. Nonetheless, you can only manually add the page number to the correct place rather than automatically.
- Step 1. Open your PDF file with Preview. Then tap Show Markup Toolbar in the tool ribbon.
- Step 2. Tap the icon with A to add a text box. Next, enter the number that you want to add to this page.
- Step 3. Change the font, and size. Then move the text number to the appropriate position.
Desktop Software VS Online Tool
Desktop SoftwareFree Download For Win 11/10/8/7
Data privacy and information security are ensured
Faster processing speed and better quality outcome
Provide 20+ PDF tools before numbering PDF pages
No limitations to file quantity and use times
One-click to add page numbers to PDF automatically
No ads or watermarks
Upload each file with 2 MB for free
Online ToolExplore Now
Don't download any software to insert PDF page numbers Word
Whenever and wherever to attach page footers to PDF
Three moves to add page numbers in PDF
Stable processing speed
Outstanding exporting quality
Remove uploaded files permanently after 24 hours
Support each file within 2 MB and up to 4 files at a time
Words after: Why Do We Need Insert Page Number in PDF?
Easier to Read
It's not easy to find a specific paragraph or section in the multi-page PDF file. However, adding page number in PDF can solve this hassle and help us view and quickly locate certain parts or pages.
Create Content or Reference Lists
In academic papers or published PDF magazines, the page numbers are vital in making concise content and indicating the source and specific page of the citation.
Make PDF More Professional-Like
Want your PDF documents to look more professional? One of the fastest and simplest methods is adding page numbers in PDF, making your PDF files more manageable and qualified in a formal format.
Product Related Articles
How to Resize a PDF Image on Windows/Mac/Online/iPhone | 6 Ways
How to Convert JPG to PDF on Windows 10/11 Free | 5 Ways
How to Create a PDF File on iPhone/Windows/Mac/Online 
7 Easy Ways | How to Insert PDF into Excel Spreadsheet 
How to Add Signature to PDF File Free [Electronical/Digital] – 5 Ways
PDF Page Number Editor
Easily Add Page Numbers to PDF Online Free!
Only three moves can automatically add page number to PDF with zero cost in WorkinTool online. Moreover, you can add pages, new PDF files, watermarks, text boxes, comments, stamps, and more in WorkinTool online. Just experience it and make your PDF organized and easier to navigate!Free Download For Win 11/10/8/7