Password Protect PDF Online Free | WorkinTool PDF Locker
Encrypt your PDF files with a password online for free to prevent unauthorized access to your sensitive PDF content.
Upload each PDF file within 2 MB
Support at most 4 files at a time
Select file or drop file here
Your files are secure
How to Password Protect a PDF File Free Online
Click the + button or drop your unsecured PDF file to import it into WorkinTool PDF Locker online.
Tap the + button to add more PDF files. Then enter and repeat your custom password in the blank boxes.
Press Protect PDF button to start encrypting PDF files. Lastly, touch the Download button to save the encrypted files on your device.
Tips for Securing PDF Files Online
- 1. Choose a Safe and Reliable Online Locker: Before you upload your PDF, you should view the whole online page to check whether the online program has the measures to protect users' data security or remove the uploads from time to time.
- 2. Protect PDF with a Strong Password: To get a better password-protected PDF file, you'd better set the password with a combination of numbers, captions, letters, and special characters.
- 3. Remember the PDF Password: To avoid forgetting your encryption keywords, you are suggested to take notes of passwords. If you cannot remember the password, don't worry because you can Unlock PDF with WorkinTool as well.
Other PDF Converter Online Tools
- Convert to
- Convert from
- PDF File Security
- PDF File Operator
- PDF Content Editor
- DWG to PDF Converter
- EPUB Converter
Password Protect PDF with WorkinTool PDF Locker Online
100% Free to Protect PDF with Password
WorkinTool supplies a completely free online service to help everyone lock PDFs with passwords from editing or copying. There will be no charge when you download the password-protected PDF files from Workintool.
Easily and Safely Secure PDF Files Online
With a straightforward interface and navigation, novices can add password to PDF effortlessly without tech help. Moreover, WorkinTool PDF Locker online uses the latest 256-bit SSL/TLS encryption technology to protect all files. Hence, you have no extra worry about your privacy security.
All-in-One Online PDF Locker
WorkinTool online is your all-in-one solution to PDF hassles. Other than locking PDF files, WorkinTool online offers 40+ other PDF features for users to refine PDF files, such as open password-protected PDF, creating PDF, rotating PDF, editing PDF, reading PDF, etc. All you want is in WorkinTool Online.
Bonus: How to Encrypt a PDF Offline
Way 1. Lock PDF on Windows 10/11
Besides the online tool, WorkinTool also provides the Windows version - WorkinTool PDF Converter - for users to secure PDF without a network. With it, you can effortlessly lock multiple PDF files simultaneously from editing, copying, or printing.
Moreover, you can unlock PDF, merge PDF, edit PDF, convert to/from PDF, and do more PDF tasks in WorkinTool offline version. Let's check how to add a password to a PDF with WorkinTool PDF Converter.
- Step 1. Open WorkinTool PDF Converter and then click Tool Box > Protect PDF to import your unencrypted PDF file.
- Step 2. Tap the Add file button to insert additional PDF files. Next, type and repeat the wanted password in the left boxes. (Tick Show Password to make the password visible.)
- Step 3. Hit the Protect PDF to begin adding a password to your unsecured PDF documents.
- Try It Now >>
Way 2. Add Password to PDF in Acrobat
If you are always with PDF files, you might have downloaded and purchased the Adobe Acrobat Pro. It offers a wide range of PDF tools, including protecting PDFs, removing security from PDFs, etc. Hence, you will have no difficulty locking PDF files with Adobe Acrobat. Here are the detailed steps to password-protect PDF in Adobe Acrobat.
- Step 1. Open PDF with Adobe and select Tools > Protect.
- Step 2. Find Protect Using Password in the tool ribbon. Then choose the permission that requires users to type a password for Viewing or Editing.
- Step 3. Type and repeat your preset password. Finally, click Apply button to add password to PDF.
Desktop Software VS Online Tool
Desktop SoftwareFree Download For Win 11/10/8/7
Data privacy and information security are ensured
Faster processing speed and better quality outcome
Provide 20+ PDF tools after PDF encryption
No limitations to file quantity and use times
One-click to add password to PDF
No ads or watermarks
Upload each file with 2 MB for free
Online ToolExplore Now
Don't download any software to secure PDF files
Whenever and wherever to protect PDF with password
Three moves to encrypt PDF online
Stable processing speed
Outstanding exporting quality
Remove uploaded files permanently after 24 hours
The maximum size of each uploaded file is 2 MB
Words after: Why Do We Need to Password Protect PDF?
Protect Confidential Info
When your PDF content contains some confidential or sensitive info like age, income, tax records, etc., it's necessary to protect the file with a strong password to prevent unauthorized access.
Encryption can lock our PDF file from unauthorized editing or copying when we want to share PDF documents online to others. Hence, you can feel free to share your encrypted PDF files with others via email or other social platforms.
Obey the Regulations
A few industry companies or government agencies need to add passwords to certain PDF documents to satisfy compliance standards and avoid data leakage.
Product Related Articles
How to Resize a PDF Image on Windows/Mac/Online/iPhone | 6 Ways
How to Convert JPG to PDF on Windows 10/11 Free | 5 Ways
How to Create a PDF File on iPhone/Windows/Mac/Online 
7 Easy Ways | How to Insert PDF into Excel Spreadsheet 
How to Add Signature to PDF File Free [Electronical/Digital] – 5 Ways
WorkinTool PDF Locker
Password Protect PDF Online Free!
It's super easy to encrypt PDF from editing or copying with WorkinTool PDF Locker online for free. You can lock multiple PDF files with the same password simultaneously. Moreover, you can unencrypt PDFs, merge PDFs, edit PDFs, and do more with WorkinTool online. Start your journey with WorkinTool online.Free Download For Win 11/10/8/7