How to Compress a PowerPoint for FREE on Windows
Sometimes, the size of a PowerPoint file will be too large if you put so many elements in it, such as high-resolution images and large audio or videos. What can you do when you expect a smaller .ppt or .pptx file? You can find your solution through this article on how to compress a PowerPoint presentation for FREE on Windows. We will discuss this theme on the following topics: how to compress a PowerPoint through desktop software–WorkinTool File Compressor (top choice), an online converter–ToolRocket and some alternative ways. Please start your reading now to know the specific instructions.
How to Compress a PowerPoint Presentation for FREE on Windows
Microsoft PowerPoint has definitely been one of your companies at work or in school since it remains the best way to assist your presentation. Sometimes, the size of a PowerPoint file will be too large if you put so many elements in it, such as high-resolution images and large audio or videos. What can you do when you expect a smaller .ppt or .pptx file? You can find your solution through this article on how to compress a PowerPoint presentation for FREE on Windows.
Now, let’s begin our discussion.
Why Do You Need to Compress a PowerPoint?
As mentioned above, Microsoft PowerPoint has been one of the most frequently used office tools in the modern workplace or at school. Therefore, there are some specific reasons for reducing its file size:
- Compress a PowerPoint presentation so it will load faster when you open it,
- Reduce PowerPoint file size so it will take up less space, which makes it more convenient to send it via your email.
- Shrink a PowerPoint file so you can transfer it to others through other apps more easily.
Hence, it is now pretty essential to master the techniques to export a smaller PowerPoint document. Please read on to see our discussion on the following topics:
- How to Compress a PowerPoint Through Desktop Software?
- How to Reduce The Size of a PowerPoint by an Online Converter?
- Shrink PowerPoint File Size in Alternative Ways
All the methods here prove to be simple and FREE. Please go on your reading.
How to Compress a PowerPoint Through Desktop Software?
Undoubtedly, nothing compares to a handy tool when you need your PowerPoint file compressed. So where can you find one like that? Well, lucky for you, we will introduce a piece of practical and helpful software called WorkinTool File Compressor.
📕How to Compress a PowerPoint by WorkinTool File Compressor?
1. Open the tool and find PPT Compression.
2. Click Add file to upload your PowerPoint slideshows and change the save path as you like.
3. Adjust the settings and press the Compress tab.
1). Two modes in General Settings:
- Smaller Size: This allows you to get a reduced PowerPoint file with the smallest size while maintaining good quality. Therefore, it will compress the 70%+ size of your original file.
- Clearer Output: It focuses more on a shrunk PowerPoint document without losing quality. Hence, you will expect an output with a 50%+ file size reduced.
Here is a comparison of the compressed size.
2). Batch compression is available for WorkinTool File Compressor. So you can get multiple reduced PowerPoint presentations (both .ppt and .pptx) with just one click.
3). If you have multiple compressed PowerPoint documents and want to put them together, you can read our article on how to combine PPT presentations for more reference.
🙋♂️Something More to Say
📌What is WorkinTool File Compressor and why should you choose it?
WorkinTool File Compressor is a free solution to file compression. New as it is, WorkinTool boasts powerful features which have already won the users’ recognition. With the aim of convenience and simplicity, its designers have made it a lightweight tool equipped with an easy-to-use interface. Since brief instructions are “inscribed” on every feature page, beginners will find it extremely easy to operate.
Here are the particular reasons for selecting it.
💡Powerful And Useful
WorkinTool File Compressor, as a highly practical multi-formatted file compression resolver, is equipped with these features:
|Feature||Supported File Formats|
|Image Compression||JPG, BMP, PNG and GIF|
|Video Compression||MP4, WMV, FLV and AVI|
|Word Compression||DOC and DOCX|
|PPT Compression||PPT and PPTX|
Hence, it proves to be a great help in your daily life, school or the workplace.
💡Two Modes for PPT Compression
WorkinTool File Compressor provides two compression modes: Clearer Output and Smaller Size. You can decide which one to use based on your personal needs.
💡Batch Compression Available
The software supports batch processing and compression, enabling you to expect various shrank documents simultaneously.
WokrinTool File Compressor is completely FREE to use currently, so all the features are accessible without a license payment and compulsory registration.
Completely FREE as it is currently, WorkinTool File Compressor will never force you to watch any advertisement or add an intrusive watermark to your output.
💡Secure and User-Oriented
Your safety is our priority. Therefore, we will spare no effort to protect your data privacy and information security. Please rest assured to try WorkinTool File Compressor.
Your voice matters. We will listen carefully to what our customers say, doing our utmost to satisfy all their needs and upgrade our products accordingly. Hence, you will find some surprising new features in WorkinTool File Compressor.
How to Reduce The Size of a PowerPoint by an Online Converter?
For some of you who think it inconvenient to download and install a third-party tool, this chapter will be helpful as we will discuss how to reduce the size of a PowerPoint with an online converter–ToolRocket.
ToolRocket is the online version of WorkinTool offline product family. Sharing the same traits of WorkinTool–lightweight and convenient, ToolRocket is also simple to use. Besides, with the section of Compress Files in Edit Files feature, you can shrink PowerPoint file size without any hassle. Meanwhile, ToolRocket is a FREE online file converter and editor, so you can enjoy all its features free of charge and without registration.
📕A tutorial on how to reduce PowerPoint file size in ToolRocket.
1. Open ToolRocket and find Edit Files > Compress PPT.
2. Hit Click to select file to upload your PowerPoint presentations, choose a compression mode and then click Start compressing.
3. Preview the compressed file and then press the Download NOW tab.
1). Three compression modes are optional in ToolRocket:
- Clarity first: This will export a very high-quality file with a slightly reduced size.
- Regular compress: This will present you with a compressed file larger than the one by the shrink first mode while smaller than the Clarity first setting.
- Shrink first: It enables you to compress your file to the smallest size while maintaining good quality.
Please see a comparison of the file size.
2). Batch processing is also possible in ToolRocket. So you save the trouble of compressing your multiple PowerPoint slideshows one by one.
Shrink PowerPoint File Size in Alternative Ways
There are absolutely other methods of compressing a PowerPoint presentation. In addition to full PPT compression, you can choose to reduce the sizes of the elements in it. These approaches are extremely suitable for those tired of resorting to any third-party tool, online or offline.
📌Compress a picture in PowerPoint.
The size of your PowerPoint file will be large if you have applied large images to it. Hence, you should learn how to compress a picture in PowerPoint to avoid this situation.
1. Open Microsoft PowerPoint and click the picture for compression.
2. Find Picture Format > Compress Pictures.
3. Choose the resolution of your image in the pop-up dialog box and click OK.
(Leave the column beside Apply only to this picture blank if you intend to reduce the sizes of all the images.)
4. Click File > Home > Save.
Here is the result.
📌Compress the media in PowerPoint.
Media files like videos or audio tracks can be huge, which results in a large-sized PowerPoint presentation. So in order to get a smaller .ppt or .pptx file, you’d better know the tips for how to compress a video in PowerPoint.
1. Open Microsoft PowerPoint and Find File > Info.
2. Find Compress Media and click the drop-down icon.
(If you do not see this option here, that means that PowerPoint is unable to compress any media in it now.)
3. Choose the definition of your video.
4. Click File > Home > Save.
Please see the outcome.
Much as it is convenient to compress the images and videos in PowerPoint, there are some disadvantages:
- For picture compression: The quality after compression is uncontrollable.
- For video compression: Whether your videos can be compressed or not is out of your decision.
📌Use compressed images or media files in PowerPoint.
Inserting shrunk pictures, audio files or videos is also an effective way to export a PowerPoint file with a smaller size. You can rely on WorkinTool File Compressor to reduce image file size and compress a video so that you add small pictures or media files to your PowerPoint slideshows.
Compressing a PowerPoint presentation on Windows can be less challenging when you have an effective and convenient solution. It is your freedom to compress the whole PowerPoint file or the elements in it like images, audio tracks or videos.
We sincerely hope you can pinpoint your ideal resolution after finishing this article. However, it is advisable to give WorkinTool File Compressor a try.
Now, are you ready to compress your PowerPoint slideshows?