How to Convert Screenshots to PDF Free Download
This article covers three methods on how to convert screenshots to PDF for free, including using inbuilt virtual printers on Windows 10 and macOS, and converting with WorkinTool PDF converter. Each approach is accessible to turn a single screenshot to PDF easily and quickly, but WorkinTool PDF converter outperforms in dealing with multiple image conversions.
Read for more details in about 3.5 minutes.
This is a step-by-step guide on how to convert screenshots to PDF free and offline. In modern life, there are many occasions you may snip your items on your screen to get pictorial information for any further purpose. Under some circumstances, there is a demand to turn the screenshot into a PDF file and send it to others for conveying information.
In this article, we provide tips on how to convert screenshots to PDF documents on Windows 10 and macOS, as well as a quick and easy solution with WorkinTool PDF converter to make a multiple conversion.
No matter what snipping tool you use, these three methods can deal with almost everything you need in screenshots to PDF conversion.
How to Convert Screenshots to PDF on Windows 10
There are many snipping tools on Windows 10 you can rely on. From all of them, we suggest using Windows 10 built-in tool, Snip & Sketch, to make a screenshot.
You can simply press Shift + Windows + S to open the snipping tool. However, if you don’t find this screenshot feature, go to Microsoft Software to get Snip & Sketch. In addition, the tool also allows editing your screenshot.
Meanwhile, any screenshot will be automatically copied, and you can save it to a proper place. In most times, the screenshot is a PNG file. Find your screenshot in the file folder and follow instructions below to convert screenshots to PDF on Windows 10.
How to Turn Screenshots into PDF on Windows 10
- Select all the screenshots you want to convert. (Make sure they are in the same folder, so you avoid doing it again. If not, copy them in to the right folder.)
- Right-click and click Print to open a new window.
- Under the Printer options, choose Microsoft Print to PDF. If you don’t have this option, learn how to install the Microsoft Print to PDF.
- You can also change paper size and quality for your preference.
- The options on the right are selection of separated conversion or combining them into one page. The number in the brackets means the quantity of images within one page. Note that the maximum is 35. (If you are making your screenshots an integrity, make sure you select all photos in a fine order, as they will be arranged in sequence by default.)
- Click Print to transfer your screenshots into PDF files.
Issues to Concern
In most conditions, you will change screenshots into PDF files well, unless you meet some technical problems that Microsoft is still coping. However, there may be a noticeable shortcoming in converting multiple screenshots to PDF documents. That is, you have to put screenshots in one file folder and select them all to do a right-click, or you have to repeat the conversion for many times, if you are dealing with a lot of images.
As a result, we suggest you rely on a third-party PDF converter to make the change.
For more information, you can read our guide on how to convert PNG to PDF on Windows 10.
How to Save Screenshots as PDF on Mac
Likewise, there is an inbuilt snipping tool on macOS, and it shares similar advantages and disadvantages with Windows 10 inbuilt screenshot tool.
To begin with, quick-snip your screen, press Shift + ⌘ + 4 to open the snipping tool.
After that, you can use a virtual printer within macOS to save your screenshots as PDF files:
- Open Finder on the desktop. Browse or search for all the screenshots you want to convert into PDF.
- Select all of them. You can use Ctrl+Click to select more images.
- Choose Quick Actions.
- Click Create PDF.
Although it seems quite easy, things can also be tricky when doing a multiple conversion from screenshots to PDF in this approach. Therefore, you may turn to a PDF expert to improve the efficiency.
How to Convert Screenshots to PDF with WorkinTool PDF Converter
As we have mentioned above, the inbuilt features on Windows 10 and macOS have some defects in transferring screenshots into PDF. Therefore, our advice is to apply a third-party PDF converter. For example, you can rely on the free download WorkinTool PDF converter. WorkinTool PDF converter provides a clean and convenient solution to make changes from screenshots to PDF. In addition, the converted outcomes are mostly in high quality.
To convert screenshots to PDF with WorkinTool PDF converter:
- Download WorkinTool PDF converter and open it.
- Click Image to PDF in the Convert to/from PDF sidebars in the interface.
- Drag your files into the platform or select from files in the same window.
- There will be another window. Drag more files or select from files.
- Select your preference on page size, orientation, and margin on the left.
- Choose the save path.
- Click Convert and all your files will be saved into one folder.
In conclusion, the WorkinTool PDF converter provides a quick and easy solution to cope with conversion from screenshots to PDF, which also supports converting multiple images within just a few of clicks. After that, you can do more on the converted outcomes like merging and add watermarks. What’s more, you can also set a password to protect your PDF files.
Why Choose WorkinTool
WorkinTool is one of the most prominent software service suppliers, devoting all our efforts to improve your office skills.
- Powerful features: We provide multiple magic working tools to help you work more effective and efficient. We endeavor to achieve all your expectations about office tools. Our ultimate aim is to equip you with powerful arm fires in the workplace.
- Professional Services: We are sophisticated in working tools, with 8-year experience as a professional SaaS provider.
- Security first: We make great efforts to protect our users’ privacy. Private information protection is our priority.
- Free technical help: We provide 24/7 customer service support via email. We also deal with urgent issues via call.
- User-oriented: We try our best to satisfy all needs that our users expect and aim to provide user-friendly products.
- Safe and sound purchase: The entire payment process is encrypted with SSL.