How to Convert TIFF to PDF on Windows | 3 FREE Ways
Since TIFF is far from a common image format, do you know how to convert it to PDF? If the answer is no or unsure, it is strongly advisable to read this article to learn three ways to convert TIFF to PDF on Windows. More importantly, they all prove to be simple, convenient and FREE, including using a desktop tool–WorkinTool PDF Converter, using an online converter-Smallpdf and using a built-in program in Windows–Microsoft Print. You will know the specific instructions for each method and can make a judgement by yourself. Please start your reading now.
How to Convert TIFF to PDF on Windows | 3 FREE Ways
Since TIFF is far from a common image format, do you know how to convert it to PDF? If the answer is no or unsure, it is strongly advisable to read this article to learn three ways to convert TIFF to PDF on Windows. More importantly, they all prove to be simple, convenient and FREE.
Now, let’s start our discussion.
Something to know Before Your TIFF-to-PDF Conversion
📝What is TIFF?
TIFF, also known as TIF and short for Tag Image File Format, is an image file format for storing raster graphics images, popular among graphic artists, the publishing industry and photographers. The format was created by the Aldus Corporation for use in desktop publishing. Therefore, it contains a lot of data and is generally exported in very high quality.
📝Why do you need to change TIFF to PDF?
PDF has been in place of Microsoft Word, becoming the most frequently-used file format in the workplace or at school. Therefore, most of your supervisors or instructors will prefer a final work presented in PDF rather than an image.
Also, it will be better to manage your TIFF images if all of them are put together in a single file. Compared with all the image formats, it will be easier and more convenient to merge PDF files. Hence, if all your TIFF images are saved as PDF documents, this goal can be achieved with minimal effort. Meanwhile, you can split this PDF or cut one page out of it for further use when you need just one image or certain pictures in this file.
As a result, it is now pretty essential to master the technique to transform TIFF images into PDF files. Please read on to know three effective and FREE ways to realize this objective.
How to Convert TIFF to PDF on Windows–3 FREE Ways
In this chapter, we move on to the main point by introducing you to the following three free ways to save TIFF as PDF:
- Convert TIFF to PDF Through a Desktop Tool
- Turn TIFF into PDF via an Online Converter
- Export TIFF to PDF by a Built-in Program in Windows
1. How to Convert TIFF to PDF Through a Desktop Tool
A handy desktop tool is undoubtedly a helpful approach to TIFF-to-PDF conversion as they all prove to be fast and convenient. Today, we will present you with a piece of new software–WorkinTool PDF Converter.
📕A tutorial on how to convert TIFF to PDF by WorkinTool PDF Converter.
1. Open the tool, find Convert to/from PDF > Image to PDF, and then upload your picture.
2. Make adjustments to your output and then click Convert.
3. Click Open file to retrieve your converted file.
Here is the result.
1). These features are adjustable in WorkinTool:
- Page Size: You can choose A4, A3 or the size that fits your whole picture exactly.
- Orientation: It decides the direction of your PDF. For Portrait, it presents your PDF vertically, while it displays your PDF horizontally for Landscape.
- Margin: You can determine the space between your image and the paper margin in your PDF. Three modes are optional: normal margin, small margin and big margin.
2). Batch conversion is totally available in WorkinTool. You just need to upload several photos in the first step and then you can expect multiple PDF files with just one click-Convert after you change the settings. All your images will be exported as one single PDF, so you save the process of PDF combination. However, you can split this PDF by WorkinTool when you need the specific page(s) from it.
3). Image preview is possible in WorkinTool so that you will not mistakenly convert a wrong file.
📌What is WorkinTool PDF Converter?
WorkinTool PDF Converter is a powerful and helpful all-in-one PDF converter that allows you to easily, instantly and safely convert multi-formatted files into PDFs, such as .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .jpg, .png, .tiff, .bmp and more. Inspired by the lightweight concept, its designers endow it with an easy-to-use interface convenient enough for beginners to operate.
Additionally, WorkinTool supports batch processing, which enables you to get multiple converted files with one click. The outcomes are all exported without losing quality. More importantly, WorkinTool is utterly FREE for users currently, so all the features are accessible without any license payment. Also, it is a green program, so there will be no ads to watch during your conversion and no intrusive watermark inserted into your output.
These are the main features of WorkinTool PDF Converter:
|Convert from PDF||Convert to PDF||PDF Toolbox|
|PDF to Word||Word to PDF||Merge PDF|
|PDF to Excel||Excel to PDF||Compress PDF|
|PDF to PPT||PPT to PDF||Add text box to PDF|
|PDF to JPG||Image to PDF||Add Sticky Notes to PDF|
|PDF to HTML||Password Protect PDF|
2. How to Turn TIFF into PDF via an Online Converter
Some people may find it inconvenient to download and install a third-party tool, so they resort to an online converter. There are various options in the market, so we assist you in picking a useful one after our trial–Smallpdf.
Smallpdf rises to fame as a result of its online PDF converter. With a simple-to-use and colorful interface, it makes PDF conversion less challenging for most users and will provide them with high-quality files. You can download your converted file to your PC or save it on cloud devices (Dropbox and Google Drive) or Smallpdf (charged service). Although limitation applies to it, Small PDF is almost a free online converter.
📕A guide for how to turn TIFF into PDF via Smallpdf.
1. Open Smallpdf and find JPG to PDF.
2. Click CHOOSE FILES or drag your picture(s) here.
3. Change the settings based on your needs and click Convert.
4. Preview the effect and press the Download tab.
Please see the result.
1). Three settings are changeable in Smallpdf:
- PDF Size: Letter (US), A4 and Auto. You can customize your PDF size with its assistance.
- PDF Direction: Portrait (vertical), Landscape (horizontal) and Auto. You can decide how your image is ultimately presented in the PDF.
- Margin: The only free option in this part is Small Margin, while the other two (No Margin and Big Margin) will be unlocked only when a license payment is arranged.
2). Batch conversion is available in Smallpdf. However, it is possible only within its 7-day free trial period. After it expires, only two conversions per day can be processed in the free version of Smallpdf.
3). The Export as icon enables you to make the further format change to your current output.
Please see the specific information below:
|😀Good News||😒Bad News|
3. How to Export TIFF to PDF by a Built-in Program in Windows
If you are bothered by both desktop software and an online converter, there is a method of converting TIFF to PDF without any tools. The magic lies in Microsoft Print hidden in the window when you right-click your mouse.
📕Here is the specific instruction on exporting TIFF to PDF by Microsoft Print.
1. Right-click your mouse and find Print.
2. Select Microsoft Print to PDF in the drop-down box, adjust the settings and then click Print.
3. Click Save when you set the save path and name your output.
Here is the outcome.
Please see our verdict:
|😀Good News||😒Bad News|
Something More to Say
📌Why should you choose WorkinTool PDF Converter?
- Lightweight and Simple: WorkinTool is equipped with a user-friendly interface, making even beginners feel convenient and simple to operate.
- Settings to Customize Output: You can decide the paper size, direction and margin of your converted PDF file.
- High-quality Guarantee: The converted PDF file will be exported without losing quality.
- Completely FREE Currently: WorkinTool is entirely free for users currently, so they are entitled to all its features without license payment and personal registration.
- Green: There will be no advertisements in the course of your conversion, while no intrusive watermark will be inserted into your outcomes.
- Powerful: WorkinTool is a practical PDF reader, editor and converter. In addition to reading a PDF, it also allows you to convert and edit your PDF files. It proves to be a great help in the modern workplace and at school.
- Secure and User-Oriented: Your safety is our priority. Therefore, we will spare no effort to protect your data privacy and information security. Your voice matters. We will listen carefully to what our customers say, doing our utmost to satisfy all their needs and upgrade our products accordingly.
Converting TIFF to PDF doesn’t have to be cumbersome when you have mastered suitable techniques. We sincerely hope this article can be helpful for your related request, enabling you to pinpoint the ideal solution. However, it is highly recommended to give WorkinTool PDF Converter a try.
Now, are you ready to change your TIFF images to PDF files?