How to Recover Deleted GoPro Videos and Pictures | GoPro File Recovery
Performing GoPro SD card recovery cannot be easier with WorkinTool data recovery software. Download and enjoy it right now to know the best way to recover deleted GoPro videos and photos on Windows computers.
1. Free recovery space and cost-effective plans
2. Easy interface for users to recover in THREE STEPS.
3. Quick scan and recover files the same as the original.
4. Cover all file types of pictures, documents, videos, audio, etc.
5. Available for all external storage devices like USB flash drives and SD cards.
How to Recover Deleted GoPro Videos and Pictures | GoPro File Recovery
With the rise and growth of the self-media industry, more and more free bloggers with high-tech equipment want to capture live content to create beautiful content to share with users. Because of the increasing demand for better first-person shots, products that are more suitable for outdoor action shooting are being born. Yes, we are talking about the GoPro cameras. This model is perfect for most video content creators. However, there are also chances that you might lose your files during use due to a series of problems like accidental deletion, formatting, or data corruption.
What will you do when all your content is gone? Can you recover deleted videos and photos on GoPro cameras? Do you know the best software to recover deleted GoPro videos on Windows? Don’t worry. Even if you lost your GoPro videos and pictures, there is still a big chance to get them back. You only need to find the right GoPro file recovery software and methods. Now, let’s dive into this guide and quickly learn how to recover deleted videos from GoPro.
Recover GoPro Videos: File Formats
For GoPro images, the GoPro device uses JPG as their photoshoot format. But the new generation of GoPro cameras already offers users the option of taking pictures in RAW form (with a file extension of .gpr.). As for the video format, all GoPro cameras use the MP4 file type as the video file format. Except for the MP4 files, you will see two other formats in the SD card storage:
Both are used by GoPro mobile apps, like GoPro and Quik. They contain no useful information beyond the original video files. You can safely delete them if you are not using GoPro mobile apps. However, if the original video is gone, you can not regenerate it. If you need to recover deleted GoPro videos and pictures, connect your GoPro to a computer and use functional data recovery software like WorkinTool to undelete GoPro files.
How to Recover Deleted GoPro Videos and Pictures
As mentioned above, since all the GoPro files are saved in the storage SD card, you need to find a data recovery tool that can help you recover lost GoPro files from the SD card. Among all the data recovery tools on the market, WorkinTool Data Recovery Software ranks at the top of them.
- Multiple Scenarios. WorkinTool Data Recovery is a well-made tool that can help users recover lost files. It provides six different modes of recovery for users to adapt. Whether you lose your data due to accidental deletion, formatting disk, USB data loss, or partition recovery, this easy recovery tool can help you find the best method to restore deleted pictures, videos, and many other items.
- Outstanding External Drive Recovery. This tool can offer the best service for external storage devices for GoPro video recovery, such as recovering lost data from USB flash drives, performing CF data recovery, and here SD data recovery.
- Various Formats. Because it can perfectly scan and identify more than 500+ different file types and restore them to a given location, there is no need to be afraid of RAW hard disk unreadable problems. Of course, that includes the RAW SD card as well. If you accidentally made your SD card RAW, you can also use WorkinTool to perform RAW SD card recovery.
- Competitive Plans. Most importantly, WorkinTool Data Recovery Software offers 500MB of free recovery space and cost-effective plans for unlimited recovery, starting at $23.99 a month. Users can recover deleted GoPro videos for free up to 500MB before payment. It is much more competitive than many other data recovery tools on the market.
📝Let’s check how to recover deleted GoPro videos from an SD card via WorkinTool.
1. Connect the GoPro SD card to a computer and launch WorkinTool Data Recovery. Then select the SD card that contains deleted GoPro videos.
📢Note: Make sure to connect your SD card to the computer and ensure it is accessible. You can use a card reader if the laptop doesn’t support it. After accessing this SD card, click Refresh again and continue.
2. Select a recovery method from Quick, Deep, or Formatted Scan and press Scan Now to start scanning.
3. After scanning, you can directly use the Filter feature or click the left file list to find the lost videos you need. Then select them and tap Recover. You can also use this method to recover deleted photos from GoPro cameras.
How to Fix a Corrupted GoPro SD Card
However, if your GoPro SD card is corrupted due to some reason and you cannot access it now. You can try using the CHKDSK command to fix it. It is straightforward and doesn’t require any third-party application.
- Press Win + X and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin). Remember to select the one with Admin.
- Enter this command: (chkdsk H: /f). “H” is the drive you want to check, and press Enter. This command allows your computer to scan the storage file system to check for errors and fix them.
Major Causes of GoPro Data Loss
Since all digital cameras use SD cards as storage cards for videos and pictures, there are also some scenarios you might encounter to trigger potential data loss issues during your GoPro use. I know it sucks, but you should know what causes your data loss before the natural recovery. In this way, you can avoid future GoPro file loss to a large extent.
Luckily, as long as your SD card is still accessible and no new data overwrites the old ones, you can still recover deleted GoPro videos and pictures using the correct GoPro file recovery software. However, if there is any physical damage that causes it to be inaccessible, we suggest you find a professional data recovery shop. It becomes something you cannot fix by yourself then.
GoPro File Recovery Tips
Now that we have concluded the file format for GoPro, methods to recover deleted GoPro videos, and all the problems that can cause GoPro data loss. Here are some tips for GoPro file recovery.
- 🚫Stop using your GoPro: Once you find out that you’ve lost some crucial videos or photos, stop using the GoPro camera immediately because the new video will take up the memory of the old tape and overwrite the data. Once overwritten, it becomes complicated to recover deleted files from GoPro.
- ⏺Remove your SD card: As we said, after you stop using GoPro, you should continue to remove the SD card from your device. Because GoPro doesn’t have internal storage space, you cannot store any videos unless you put an SD card into it.
- ✋Never format an SD card: Though formatting can solve a lot of problems, it won’t help you get your video data back. In fact, the formatting operation can only erase all the data inside the SD card. You should know it can only worsen things if you want to recover lost videos in GoPro.
GoPro cameras are so popular with users because they are small enough and light enough to shoot well, and the quality of their video is excellent. Their main product is sports cameras, especially suitable for live streamers and outdoor sports users. Their best-selling Hero line has come into the new model 11 already. However, there are cases in which you might lose your data
Hopefully, with the GoPro recovery software on Windows in this post, you can perform GoPro video recovery and photo recovery on your own now. If you have any suggestions or encounter any troubles when getting your deleted videos back, please get in touch with us at any time.