How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos for FREE
Since image sharing has become quite trendy in modern society typical of social media brought by digital technologies, most people’s PCs or laptops may now be teeming with photos. Therefore, it would be easy to permanently delete your photos by mistake. So can you still get back these photos? Well, lucky for you. Today, we will discuss how to recover permanently deleted photos for FREE on Windows in 2022, including using a desktop tool–WorkinTool Data Recovery, File History function on Windows and Recover previous versions feature. Please start your reading now.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos for FREE on Windows in 2022
Since image sharing has become quite trendy in modern society typical of social media brought by digital technologies, most people’s PCs or laptops may now be teeming with photos. Therefore, it would be easy to delete your photos by mistake. However, if it happens to be one of the following situations, your photos may be subject to permanent deletion:
- You use the key “Shift+Delete” to remove your pictures.
- You delete your photos and empty the Recycle Bin.
- Your images are accidentally erased as a consequence of a drive corruption or a system crash.
So can you still get back these photos? Well, lucky for you. Today, we will discuss how to recover permanently deleted photos for FREE on Windows in 2022.
Things to Know Before Your Photo Recovery
📝Is it possible to recover permanently deleted photos?
Well, the answer is yes. You may still find your permanently removed photos back under one condition. It would be best if you stop using your PC or laptop immediately. Otherwise, the data on it will be overwritten, and you have to say goodbye to your documents forever.
Besides, when you delete your pictures, they are not entirely wiped from your computer. Actually, they are still stored at the depth of your computer disk and become a sort of inaccessible data in the system, which are waiting for new data to be overwritten on the disk.
In this case, there are several good ways to recover permanently deleted photos in Windows 10, and we will specify them in the following chapter.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos for FREE on Windows
In this chapter, we will introduce you to three ways to recover permanently deleted photos for Free on Windows:
- Recover permanently deleted photos by free data recovery software
- Retrieve permanently cleared images with File History feature in Windows
- Restore permanently removed pictures using Restore previous versions.
Now, let’s take a specific look at each method😎.
1. Recover permanently deleted photos by free data recovery software
The most guaranteed method is to resort to practical data recovery software if you have an urgent and complex request for photo recovery. Here, I will present you with a useful tool like this–WorkinTool Data Recovery Software.
WorkinTool Data Recovery Software is a powerful tool designed to solve nearly all your problems concerning data recovery. When you need to recover lost or permanently deleted photos, there are two modes for you: Quick Scan and Deep Scan. Whichever one you choose, you can effortlessly and quickly get them back in batches. Furthermore, all the outcomes will be exported in their original formats.
Additionally, inspired by lightweight and practical concepts, WorkinTool’s designers endow it with an easy-to-use interface, making even beginners feel simple and convenient to operate. More importantly, WorkinTool Data Recovery Software is entirely FREE for users currently. Therefore, all its recovery features are accessible without a license payment and compulsory personal registration.
📕How to recover permanently deleted photos through WorkinTool Data Recovery Software?
1. Open the tool and choose Quick Scan or Deep Scan as you like.
(Taking Deep Scan as an example below)
2. Click the icon beside – to find Settings.
3. Click Open beside File Format Settings and then leave the option–Pictures checked.
4. Choose the drive you intend to scan.
5. Locate the deleted photos for recovery in the window and then click Recover.
6. You can click the folder icon to find the retrieved pictures when the recovery completes.
1). Please remember to mark the document format to restore in the settings before your file recovery.
2). Two modes are available for you to choose from:
- Quick Scan: This feature is suitable for retrieving the photos deleted recently (within one week). It will complete its scanning instantly, which will save your time.
- Deep Scan: The function is extremely helpful to find back the pictures removed a long time ago and recently. The scan will take more time, which needs your patience.
3). You can quickly switch to another mode after the scanning if you are unsatisfied with the current one.
4). Why should you choose WorkinTool Data Recovery Software?
- Lightweight and Simple: WorkinTool is equipped with a user-friendly interface, making even beginners feel convenient and simple to operate.
- Two Scanning Modes: Both Quick Scan and Deep Scan is available to meet your different needs.
- Multiple File Formats Recoverable: WorkinTool allows you to retrieve various files, including mainstream documents (Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint slideshows), archives (.zip, .7z, .rar and more), photos (.jpg, .png, .bmp, .tiff, .gif and so on), videos (MP4, AVI, MKV, M4V, WMV, FLV, 3PG, etc.), audio (MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC and more), E-mails (MSG, PST, OST, EML, EMLX and MBOX), database (.dat) and more.
- Partition-Based Recovery: You can see all your computer drives in the software so that you can easily find the area to recover your documents.
- Completely FREE Currently: WorkinTool is entirely free for users currently, so you can enjoy all its features without license payment and personal registration.
- Green with No Ads: There will be no advertisements in the course of your data recovery.
- Secure and User-Oriented: Your safety is our priority. Therefore, we will spare no effort to protect your data privacy and information security. Your voice matters. We will listen carefully to what our customers say, doing our utmost to satisfy all their needs and upgrade our products accordingly.
2. Retrieve permanently cleared images with File History feature in Windows
File History is a built-in feature in Windows 10 and 11. It helps you retrieve your recently wiped photos effectively if you turn on this feature in the Backup settings. However, the final recovery is uncertain in comparison to a professional data recovery tool.
📕Here is a tutorial on how to retrieve permanently cleared images with File History.
1. Open the folder in which your photos are permanently removed.
2. Type File History in the search bar below.
3. Choose Restore your files with File and then you will see a new pop-up window.
4. Locate the folder in which you wiped your photos.
5. Click the green circle icon to see the files before your deletion.
6. Click Replace the files in the destination to get back your deleted photos.
1). This feature only works after you turn it on in the settings.
2). The effect is uncertain. Your files may not be recovered if you continue your operation in the folder.
3. Restore permanently removed pictures using Restore previous versions.
Restore previous versions is another function automatically designed in Windows operating system. It can be considered as a hidden way to make a backup of your files by Windows. However, the effect also remains uncertain as your photo may be unrecoverable if your data in the folder were overwritten.
This is a guide for restoring permanently removed pictures using Restore previous versions.
1. Right-click the folder in which your photos are deleted.
2. Find Restore previous versions.
3. A new dialog box will appear to display all the versions of the folder and then choose the one that you want to recover.
4. Click Restore and then choose Replace the files in the destination in the pop-up window.
5. Click OK to finish your recovery.
1). It would be better if you have activated the function mentioned in the second method.
Something More to Say
Tips for Not Losing Your Photos Permanently
📌Don’t use the shortcut key–Shift+Delete.
Compared with the Delete tab, the mentioned shortcut key is highly likely to make your photos vanish forever.
📌Make use of an online or offline backup drive.
You keep your photos safe if you make backups of them. You can store them in an offline drive like a USB flash disk or a portable hard disk. Or you can opt for an online drive to realize this goal, such as iCloud, OneDrive, Dropbox and Google Drive.
📌Install data recovery software.
Data recovery software will be pretty helpful to retrieve your lost or permanently deleted photos easily and instantly. Only a few clicks will perfectly solve this pain in the neck. Here, it is strongly advisable to try WorkinTool Data Recovery Software.
Recovering permanently deleted photos on Windows can be less challenging and troublesome with all the solutions introduced in this article. We sincerely hope that you can pick your ideal one after finishing it. However, it is highly recommended to give WokrinTool Data Recovery Software a try.
Now, are you willing to try getting back the photos you have permanently deleted?