How to Remove Audio from Video in Windows [2 FREE Ways]
Removing audio from video or muting a video has always been an essential part of video editing skills. Today, we will discuss how to remove audio from video in Windows by two free ways as follows: how to remove audio from video with a third-party tool and how to mute a video without a third-party tool. The first one is to use a tool called WorkinTool VidClipper (It proves to be simple, convenient, powerful and completely free.) and the second one is to try a built-in program in Windows–Video Editor (equipped in Microsoft Photos). Please start your reading now to know the specific guides and the information on which one to choose.
How to Remove Audio from Video in Windows [2 FREE Ways]
Removing audio from video or muting a video has always been an essential part of video editing skills. A mute video will undoubtedly be more suitable to be placed in a Word document or PowerPoint slideshows for presentation purposes. Also, taking audio away from a video will make it convenient for you to add your choice of voice or music over it. Today, we will discuss how to remove audio from video in Windows by two free ways as follows:
- How to Remove Audio from Video with a Third-Party Tool?
- How to Mute a Video Without a Third-Party Tool?
Now, let’s start our journey.😎
How to Remove Audio from Video with a Third-Party Tool?
Muting a video can be as easy as ABC if you have a handy desktop tool on your PC. Here, we would like to present you with a powerful and helpful tool–WorkinTool VidClipper.
📕How to remove audio from video through WorkinTool VidClipper?
1. Open VidClipper and click the +New icon.
2. Hit Import to upload your clip and drag it to the editing bar below.
3. Click the video to activate the editing console and choose Audio.
4. Find Volume and push the button to the left end to mute your video.
5. Press the Export tab.
Here is the result.
1). The following options within WorkinTool VidClipper make a more customizable outcome possible:
|Video Formats||MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV and (animated) GIF|
|Video Quality||High, Standard Normal|
2). By adjusting the icon in Volume, you can make a video louder or quitter, in addition to muting it.
3). The additional editing features in the console are at your disposal, assisting you in creating a more customized mute video, from reversing it to changing its background.
4). You can personalize the reminder or the post-export status when your output is in the pipeline, including a ringtone reminder, PC shut down and no further operation.
📌What is WorkinTool VidClipper?
WorkinTool VidClipper is a piece of free video editing software designed to solve nearly all your related problems, professional and non-professional. It boasts a range of powerful features as follows:
Therefore, it proves to be a great help for office clerks, video editors and students. Much as it is equipped with many useful features, it wins the users’ recognition with its lightweight and simple interface. For the quick editing parts, a brief introduction is included on almost every page, so even beginners will feel convenient to use it.
More importantly, WorkinTool VidClipper is entirely FREE currently for users. Hence, all its features are accessible without any license payment and compulsory registration. Though VidClipper is freeware, there will be no ads in your video editing and no intrusive watermark generated on your output.
How to Mute a Video Without a Third-Party Tool?
This chapter is valuable for those willing to download and install a third-party tool. A built-in program in Windows–Video Editor can function as a video voice remover if your operating system is Windows 10 or higher.
Video Editor is a basic and simple video editing program developed by Microsoft, which is a sort of extension of Microsoft Photos. With its assistance, you can undertake some easy editing of your videos, including creating a film, video trimming, splitting, speed changing, filter addition and more. It is pretty convenient to remove sound from video with this software.
📕How to mute a video via Video Editor?
1. Open Video Editor and click New video project.
2. Create a name for this project and hit +Add > From this PC to import your video.
3. Drag the video to the frame below and find the volume icon.
4. Click the volume icon to mute your clip and then press the Finish video tab.
Please see the result.
Video Quality: Three choices are available–High (1080p), Medium (720p) and Low (540p).
Something More About Audio Removal from Video
📌Here is a comparison of the two methods
|Features||WorkinTool VidClipper||Video Editor|
|Interface||Lightweight and simple||Clear and easy|
|Download & Installation||Yes||No|
|Price||100% Free||100% Free|
|Supported Export Formats||6 (.mp4, .avi, .wmv, .mkv, .mov and .gif)||1 (the same as the original video format)|
|Video Quality||3 default modes (High, Normal and Standard) and custom options in output settings||3 default modes only (1080p, 720p and 540p)|
|Additional Audio Editing Options||Yes (Fade in, Fade out, sound effect and noise reduction)||No|
|Output||High quality||High quality|
📌Why should you choose WorkinTool VidClipper?
- Simple Muting Process: Approximate five steps will help you get a mute clip.
- Additional Audio Editing Modes: You can fade in and out a video, remove its noise and add sound effects to a video, in addition to muting it.
- Quick Editing Modes: Quick editing modes on the opening page are thee for you, such as screen recorder, video splitter, video merger, video background remover, video templates, video converter, text-to-audio converter and watermark remover.
- Abundant Additional Editing Features: Your videos can be easily and instantly customizable through our various editing features, including 100+ stylish texts, 60+ filters, 300+ transitions, 70+ overlay effects, 200+ elements and 600+ sound effects.
- High-Quality Guarantee: The output via WorkinTool VidClipper will be exported without losing quality.
- 100% FREE Currently: All the features of WorkinTool VidClipper are accessible without any license payment and compulsory registration.
- Green: There will be no advertisements in the course of your video editing and no intrusive watermark added to the outcomes.
It doesn’t have to be cumbersome to remove audio from video or mute a clip when you have a proper solution. This article has displayed two practical and free approaches to audio removal from video and we sincerely hope you can pick an ideal one. However, it is strongly advisable to give WorkinTool VidClipper a try.
Now, are you ready to mute your video?