How to Recover Deleted Emails for FREE on Windows
What should you do when this sort of situation happens? Don’t worry and panic. You can find your solution through this article which discusses how to recover deleted email for FREE on Windows. In this blog post, we will introduce you to the ways to restore both permanently and temporarily deleted emails. To recover permanently removed email files, you need a handy tool–WorkinTool Data Recovery to find them back. To retrieve temporarily erased ones, you can get them back through the Deleted Item section in Microsoft Outlook and the Trash folder in Gmail. Please strat your reading now to know the specific solution.
How to Recover Deleted Emails for FREE on Windows
Email has still been an important modern communication tool even though something like an instant messager comes into being. As it contains plenty of crucial information like significant notifications or attachments, it will be definitely painful if it is accidentally removed or lost. It sometimes drives a person crazy if your email gets permanently deleted. So what should you do when this sort of situation happens? Don’t worry and panic. You can find your solution through this article which discusses how to recover deleted emails for FREE on Windows.
Things to Know Before Your Email Recovery
📌What are the common email files?
There are usually six common email file types in the Windows operating system:
|File Name||How It Works||Extension|
|MSG Files (Message)||How Outlook stores a single email||.msg|
|PST Files (Personal Storage Table)||How Outlook stores groups of emails||.pst|
|EDB Files (Exchange Database)||How Microsoft stores PSTs on its Exchange Server||.edb|
|OST Files (Offline Storage Table)||How Outlook stores groups of email, offline||.ost|
|EML Files (Email)||Single emails you can open without Outlook||.eml|
|MBOX Files (Message Box)||Groups of emails you can open without Outlook files||.mbox|
📌How long will a deleted email stay?
This might vary based on the different email providers. This is the information given by Microsoft Outlook:
- Email is automatically deleted from your Deleted Items folder after 30 days.
- Items removed from your Deleted Items folder are recoverable for 30 days.
- Email is automatically deleted from the Junk email folder after 10 days.
Here is the notification released by Gmail:
- When you delete a message, it stays in the Trash for 30 days.
As a result, 30 days can be a deadline for email recovery in most mainstream email providers. When the deadline expires, your temporarily deleted emails are subject to permanent removal.
📌Can I possibly recover a permanently deleted email?
There are now two protocols for users to access their emails in an email provider: POP3 and IMAP. To put it simply, a deleted email will generally be unrecoverable in POP3 while it is still possible to find and recover it in IMAP.
Fortunately, IMAP protocol has now been the primary setting in most modern email providers. You can retrieve the deleted or lost emails from the server in the situations below:
- The deleted mail is still in the Deleted Items or the Trash folder within 30 days.
- You have copies of your email files stored on your PC.
However, your deleted messages will be unrecoverable if the following three situations occur:
- The deleted email files have been in the Deleted Item or the Trash for a time that exceeds their deadline (usually 30 days).
- You have erased messages in the Deleted Items folder or emptied the Trash folder.
- The option that the server automatically deletes your discarded emails is enabled.
(If it is enabled, the messages in the Deleted Item or the Trash folder will be subject to automatic removal whenever you log out.)
So how can I restore my deleted or lost emails? Please read on to know the solutions to recovering both permanently and temporarily deleted emails?
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails?
Recovering permanently deleted emails can be tricky without a practical third-party tool since the deadlines for the deleted files have passed when they were first moved to the Deleted Item or the Trash folder and have now been permanently removed from the server. Therefore, a handy tool will be quite helpful for you to find your lost emails back. Today, we will introduce you to a useful program–WorkinTool Data Recovery.
📕How to retrieve permanently deleted email through WorkinTool Data Recovery?
1. Open the tool and then choose the mode.
(Taking Quick Scan as an example)
2. Click the icon beside – and then find Settings.
3. Click Open beside Files Format Settings, tick email in the list and then press the OK tab.
4. Select the drive you intend to recover and wait patiently when the recovery is loading.
5. Choose the file(s) you wish to find back and then click Recover.
6. Click OK > File folder to retrieve your recovered files > Done.
1). Please pay attention to marking the document format to restore in the settings before your file recovery.
2). Two modes are optional:
- Quick Scan: This option is more suitable for finding back the documents deleted recently (within one week). It will complete its scanning instantly, which will save your time.
- Deep Scan: The feature is extremely helpful to retrieve the documents removed a long time ago and recently. The scan will take more time, which needs your patience.
3). You can quickly switch to another mode after the scanning if you are unsatisfied with the current one.
📌What is WorkinTool Data Recovery?
WorkinTool Data Recovery is a piece of powerful software to recover nearly all your data and files. With its help, you can easily, quickly and safely retrieve most files:
|Documents||.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .txt, .pdf and more|
|Archives||.zip, .7z, .rar, etc.|
|Videos||.mp4, .avi, .mkv, .m4v, .wmv, .flv and more|
|Audio||.mp3, .wav, .flac, .aac, etc.|
|Pictures||.jpg, .png, .bmp, .tiff, .gif and more.|
Additionally, inspired by the lightweight and practical ideas, the designers of WorkinTool Data Recovery equip it with a simple interface, making beginners convenient to use. When it comes to deleted email recovery, you have two options: Quick Scan and Deep Scan. Whichever one you choose, only a few steps will assist you in finding all of the lost files accidentally removed from the PC and recovering them in batches. Also, the outcomes will be exported in their original formats.
More significantly, WorkinTool Data Recovery is totally FREE for users currently. Therefore, all its recovery features are accessible without any license payment and compulsory registration.
📌Why should you choose WorkinTool Data Recovery?
- Lightweight and Simple: WorkinTool is equipped with a user-friendly interface, making even beginners feel convenient and simple to operate.
- Multiple File Formats Recoverable: WorkinTool allows you to retrieve various email files, including MSG, PST, OST, EML, EMLX and MBOX. With it installed on your PC, you will worry about the loss of your files no more.
- Two Scanning Modes: Both Quick Scan and Deep Scan is available to meet your different requests.
- Partition-Based Recovery: All the drives can be found in the software so that you can easily find the area to recover your documents.
- Completely FREE Currently: WorkinTool is entirely free for users currently, so you are entitled to all its features without license payment and personal registration.
- Green: WorkinTool is a green tool without any advertisements in the course of your data recovery.
- Secure and User-Oriented: Your safety is our priority. Therefore, we will spare no effort to protect your data privacy and information security. Your voice matters. We will listen carefully to what our customers say, doing our utmost to satisfy all their needs and upgrade our products accordingly.
How to Recover Temporarily Deleted Emails?
If your email files are in the Deleted Item or the Trash folder within their deadlines, it will be effortless for you to get them back.
📕 How to retrieve removed email files from Microsoft Outlook
1). Open Outlook and then click Deleted Items.
2). Locate the email file, mark it and then click Move to > Inbox.
3). Return to Inbox and then look for the restored file.
📕How to recover deleted emails from Gmail.
1). Open Gmail and then find Trash.
2). Right-click your mouse on the message and then choose Move to Inbox.
3). Go back to Inbox and then find your retrieved message.
It will be less challenging to recover deleted emails, especially the permanently removed ones, with the help of a useful tool. But please be reminded that you should form a habit of keeping copies of your messages regularly to stay away from similar situations if email is your main communication source.
If, unfortunately, you have to face a scenario like this, we sincerely hope that you can pinpoint an ideal solution after finishing this article. Also, it is strongly advisable to give WorkinTool Data Recovery a try.
Now, are you ready to retrieve your deleted or lost email files?