How to Recover Formatted Partition on Windows 10 for Free
Can you recover a formatted hard drive? Do you know how to recover files from a hard drive that has been formatted? Files on formatted disk partitions and external hard drives don’t permanently disappear unless new data overwrites them. The sooner you take measures, the higher the recovery rate. This blog provides two easy options that enable you to recover formatted partition files for free on Windows 10.
In this post:
1. Can Files Be Recovered After Formatting?
2. How to Recover Formatted Partition Files for Free on Windows 10? – 2 methods
3. Common Causes for Formatted Partitions
How to Recover Formatted Partition on Windows 10 for Free
Have you accidentally formatted a partition in your Windows computer with a huge data loss? Do you know how to recover files after formatting Windows 10? No worries! In this blog, you can get the most effective way to recover data from formatted partitions and hard drives.
Table of Contents
- Can Files Be Recovered After Formatting?
- How to Recover Formatted Partition Files for Free on Windows 10?
- Common Causes for Formatted Partitions
Can Files Be Recovered After Formatting?
Is it possible to recover files after partition formatting? The short answer is—Yes! When a partition or hard drive is accidentally formatted, its data doesn’t disappear permanently. Instead, the lost files become inaccessible from the partition. And the remaining data is invisible from devices. Users who have formatted their storage devices can perform format partition recovery unless it has been overwritten.
Therefore, if you want to restore formatted partition data, immediately STOP USING the drive, find a practical way to restore it, and get the lost files back. You can get powerful formatted partition recovery software to assist you in recovering files after partition formatting.
📢Note: Formatted partition recovery is feasible only when you post a quick format. If you performed a full format on SSDs and HDDs, those deleted files are permanently gone and can’t be retrieved in most cases.
How to Recover Formatted Partition Files for Free on Windows 10?
Many people don’t habitually perform regular backups of data on the hard drive. Therefore, it is essential to know how to recover formatted partition files on Windows 10 without backup. Take it easy! Free formatted partition recovery on Windows 10 is possible through partition recovery software like WorkinTool Data Recovery, which offers a free, reliable, as well as high-efficient way to recover formatted hard drive data.
Developed with advanced algorithms, WorkinTool Data Recovery can help you recover files from a formatted hard drive and partition for free on Windows 11/10/8/7. As a top-notch data recovery software, it has been assisting numerous users worldwide in recovering files after partition formatting. In addition to practical formatted partition recovery, this data recovery program also sparkles in terms of pricing, ease of use, recovery success rate, quick response, support of files and devices, etc.
|WorkinTool Formatted Hard Drive Recovery Software Free Download
How to Recover Formatted Partition Files for Free with WorkinTool
Step 1. Get the format partition recovery software
Download and install this data recovery tool. Open it, then and select a computer disk or an external drive (Ensure that you have linked the external drive to the computer) to scan. You can use all its features for free. Here
Step 2. Select a scan method
Choose Formatted Scan from the pop-up window and press Scan Now to continue.
(The first scan mode you can see from the picture will perform a quick scan. And Deep Scan scans deeper and takes longer. It can detect more files that the other two options can’t reach. You can try Formatted Scan first. If you fail to find the files you want, resort to Deep Scan.)
Step 3. Recover your formatted files
On the scan result page, you will see three tabs: File Type, File Directory, and Deleted Files. Go to the Deleted Files menu, hit the Select All button below, and press Recover to recover formatted partition files in seconds. You can also preview the files you want to retrieve. (Or you can retrieve specific files using the Filter option, which looks for the formatted files by type, size, as well as deletion date.)
How to Recover Data from Formatted Partition with CMD?
You can also use a command-line app—Windows File Recovery, to recover data after formatting partitions. Here is how you can recover formatted partition on Windows 10 for free with Windows File Recovery.
1. Download and install Windows Files Recovery from Microsoft Store.
2. Type Windows File Recovery in the Windows search field and open it.
3. Use the command in the following format to recover lost files: winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/switches].
You can also go to Microsoft’s official website to learn how to recover lost files on Windows 10 from the extensive guide.
Common Causes for Formatted Partitions
To learn how to recover formatted partition data, it is necessary to identify the reasons that cause partition formatting. If you don’t want to lose important files again, consider the following situations to prevent future data loss.
- 🎆Accidental deletion: It is a typical slip-up that can happen even to skilled users. Users may format a hard disk partition on a computer when they need to clean data on another hard drive.
- 🎇Bad sectors: If your disk has too many bad sectors, your partition may also become unrecognizable to the operating system.
- ✨Power changes: Sudden power changes such as power outages or surges can also lead to improper device shutdown and result in the inaccessibility of system files.
- 🎉OS reinstallation: When you reinstall an operating system on a computer, the file system of a hard disk may change, then leading to the formatting of a partition.
- 🔆Virus/malware attack: Some malicious viruses and software will attack your computer and format hard disk partitions.
- 🎊Partition corruption: You may need to format a disk partition to fix unknown errors.
You don’t need to worry too much about the formatted partition recovery. As long as you proactively take instant measures with reliable format partition recovery software, you can recover files from formatted partitions without great possibility.
The two formatted partition recovery methods, WorkinTool Data Recovery and Windows File Recovery, are free and convenient. Compared to Windows File Recovery, which needs more technical skills, WorkinTool Data Recovery is easier to operate. Users can recover files after partition formatting with free software without learning complicated commands and syntax. Therefore, WorkinTool Data Recovery is worth a try. Download and try this freeware to recover formatted partition files. You will not regret it!