How to Copyright an Image for FREE in 2023
In an era typical of social media, people are more inclined to share their images or photos online, which gives others opportunities to use them without the owners’ permission. Therefore, copyright protection turns out to be increasingly important nowadays and it is essential to learn how to copyright an image. In this article, we have helped you find an easy and free solution without the US copyright office–a tool called WorkinTool Watermark Eraser, which enables you to copyright your images or photos with the help of a watermark. You will read the methods of adding a logo and a signature watermark to your pictures, together with additional useful information regarding this topic. Please start your reading now.
How to Copyright an Image for FREE in 2023
The prevalence of social media has inspired people to upload more images or photos online. Much as it is easier for you to share your life, experiences or even ideas, it is easier for others to steal your “works” as well. That is why copyright protection turns out to be increasingly important nowadays and it is essential to learn how to copyright an image.
You can definitely resort to the U.S. Copyright Office to copyright protect your images. However, it is a paid service that is also time-consuming and cumbersome. Also, there is no point in doing so if all you want is adding your mark to your images or photos uploaded onto your social media platforms instead of the fact that you are a professional artist who has to safeguard your painstaking efforts.
So is there an easy and free way to protect my images or photos? Well, you can absolutely apply a watermark to them and all you need to do is to have a FREE and practical watermark tool on your PC–Watermark Eraser. Therefore, please continue your reading to know more.
In this article, the following topics will be discussed:
- What Is a Copyright and Why Do You Need It?
- How to Copyright an Image for FREE by Watermark Eraser?
- Other Thoughts
OK. Let’s start our journey😀.
💡What is a copyright?
Copyright is a type of intellectual property that protects original works of authorship as soon as an author fixes the work in a tangible form of expression. To put it in simple words, it is a way to protect a certain work created by an owner from being used by others without permission.
In copyright law, there are a lot of different types of works, including paintings, photographs, illustrations, musical compositions, sound recordings, computer programs, books, poems, blog posts, movies, architectural works, plays, and so much more!
💡Why do you need copyright?
Sometimes it will truly put you in a bad mood when you see your pictures displayed in others’ social media accounts without your approval. However, the phenomenon could be prevented to some extent if your images or photos are copyrighted since the public’s growing awareness of intellectual property will force them to shun the thought of using them without informing the owner.
Hence, it is now essential to add copyright protection to your images or photos. Though there are many approaches to achieve this goal at present, placing watermarks over pictures will absolutely be an effortless and free method for social media lovers and the general public outside the art industry.
Here, we have found a free solution to it. Please go on reading our article to understand how to do it.
How to Copyright an Image for FREE by WorkinTool Watermark Eraser?
As mentioned in the previous chapter, a watermark is an effective means for general people to copyright protect the images and photos. So we would like to introduce you to a helpful desktop tool–WorkinTool Watermark Eraser.
WorkinTool Watermark Eraser is a powerful all-in-one watermark solution provider. Designed with an easy-to-use interface and clear navigation, even beginners will find it less challenging to operate. Besides, only a few steps will allow you to create your watermarks on your images or photos. Moreover, a lot of features of your watermarks are adjustable, including size, transparency and inclination. Most importantly, it is utterly FREE to use currently.
To import copyright protection to your pictures, you are recommended to make a logo or a signature watermark.
📕A guide for adding a logo or a signature watermark to an image or a photo through WorkinTool Watermark Eraser.
There are normally two types of logos and signatures: a text and an image.
For a text logo or signature, you should:
- Open the tool and choose Add watermark to image.
- Tab Select Image or drop your file in the designated area to upload your picture.
- Select Add text watermark.
- Type your logo words, adjust the features and click on Save to export the result.
For an image logo or signature, you should:
- Click the tool open and choose Add watermark to image.
- Upload your file by tabbing Select Image or dragging it in this section.
- Select Upload image watermark.
- Alter the watermark features as you like and click on Save to get the new picture.
📢Notice: You can refer to our articles on logo insertion into and signature addition to an image, such as more specific picture guides and a list of the output examples.
📌How should I protect my images or photos if I work in the art industry?
It would be better for you to copyright your works professionally with the help of the U.S. Copyright Office if you are an art specialist. Please find the procedure below:
- Finish the application form. You can complete an online form or a hard copy. Please be aware that you need to mail the form to the U.S. Copyright Office if you choose the latter approach.
- Include information on a copy of the work to be copyrighted. The Copyright Office will decide whether you must provide a physical or digital copy and notify you.
- Pay the filing fee and submit your application.
(Notes: Processing time varies, but the date on which the office receives the application and fee will be counted as the start date on which the registered U.S. copyright becomes effective.)
📌Are there other ways to copyright an image or a photo?
Yes, you can use a built-in program called Paint on Windows or other tools to help you with this objective. However, for Paint, many features are not optional for you to customize the watermarks, while other tools will usually charge your license payment to export reasonable outcomes. If you intend to learn more, you can read our blog on logo insertion into and signature addition to an image for more information.
📌Is WorkinTool Watermark Eraser able to copyright a video?
📌Why Should I choose WorkinTool Watermark Eraser instead of another product?
WorkinTool Watermark Eraser, new in the market, is designed to resolve nearly your common watermark-related issues.
These are the specific reasons for making this option:
- Professional: Watermark Eraser is developed by Shanghai Hudun-Tech Group, a recognized Hi-Tech company specializing in SaaS solutions for more than eight years. We are exceptionally professional when it comes to office tools that aim for work efficiency improvement.
- Powerful: Watermark Eraser is more than a watermark remover designed for pictures. It also allows you to remove a watermark from a video. Meanwhile, no matter a text or an image watermark, it will be easily and instantly eliminated. Moreover, adding a watermark to an image or a video is another powerful built-in feature of Watermark Eraser. Now, you can resize and trim your video with its updated version. Hence, it proves to be a great help in the modern workplace and at school.
- Secure: Your safety is our priority. Therefore, we will spare no effort to protect your data privacy and information security.
- User-Oriented: Your voice matters. We will listen carefully to what our customers say, doing our utmost to satisfy all their needs and upgrade our products accordingly.
- FREE Currently: You are entitled to all the features of Watermark Eraser without a license payment currently.
Copyrighting an image or a photo in our daily life is not as tricky as expected if you turn to a watermark for help. We sincerely hope you can understand the importance of image copyright and its methods. Also, it is strongly recommended that you give WorkinTool Watermark Eraser a try.
You can leave a comment to share your stories of image copyright or the tools used to fulfill this objective with us.
Looking forward to your reply.