[Easy Solutions] How to Add a Border to a Picture
A border on a picture can do a lot to help attract viewers on social media sites like Instagram. But since Instagram has taken this feature off the editing function, people have to find a third way to add border to photo before posting. For this reason, we have listed four different methods for you to consider in this post. And the most useful way among them all is the WorkinTool Image Converter. It is a professional with user-friendly interface image editing software. Most importantly, it is totally free of charge to use. Don’t wait and go download to experience the magic now.
[Easy Solutions] How to Add a Border to a Picture
A border for pictures is a great way to frame your image and share it on social media like Instagram. An earlier version of Instagram showed a built-in function that allows users to directly add white border to photo border. However, after iterating through multiple versions, the Instagram border feature is gone. How to add a border to a picture? this question has come back to people’s review.
White border Instagram can help posters make sure that all viewers focus on the entire picture without clicking on the picture to zoom in or out. By using a white Instagram border frame, you will be able to make your photos more professional and give them a trendy Polaroid-like vibe. Though you cannot now access this feature right through Instagram, there are still various third-party tools and methods that can help you on how to add a border to a picture. With them, you are free to add white borders to photos or make artful frames to put on them. You will find it hard or challenging at all in our thorough detailed guide. Let us check this out.
How to Add a Border to a Picture on Windows
First, let’s go through how to add a border to a picture on a Windows system. To be honest, if you google this question you will find hundreds of tools that can help you solve this problem. However, most of them are online image editing tools that have some hidden limits or paid desktop software. That is why I want to recommend you three tools that are totally free and you can use them without worrying about limitations like image size or output watermarks.
WorkinTool Image Converter
Based on the functional order, the first software I would like to recommend to you is a third-party image processing software tool – WorkinTool Image Converter.
WorkinTool Image Converter is a professional image editor. With a user-friendly interface, you won’t need to worry about the red tape that keeps you from knowing how to use it. You only need to follow the three-step instructions to complete a simple image processing job. Other than that, the WorkinTool Image editor has various image-related features to offer users unlimited pleasure. Ranging from format conversion to fun image filters, including the photo border feature, you will enjoy all these functions without any cost.
There are at least five different cool borders for pictures that offer users the ability to customize the color and thickness of the borders. Whether you want a white border to enhance the entirety of the image or a holiday-themed border to create some seasonal vibe, WorkinTool can provide them all. With all these options, I am sure that you will find the perfect match for your pictures.
Here is what we do:
1. First download this image editing tool and open it on your Windows computer.
2. Click on Edit Images and add the picture that you want to add photo border.
3. Then find the frame icon on the right sidebar. Here you will see five picture borders. Then feel free to add border to image. Pick one and adjust the Border Transparency and Size on the header bar. If you decide that you don’t want the image border, you can Remove Border whenever you want.
4. Once you have finished adding the image of border, you can save the processed image by clicking Save now.
💖 Additional WorkinTool Image features 💖
|How to Edit Instagram Post||How to Convert SVG to JPG||How to Convert HEIC to PDF|
Microsoft Paint / Word
If you don’t want to download any third-party software, that’s alright, there are still free ways to add photo borders. This requires you to have a Windows computer equipped with Microsoft Paint or Microsoft Word. This way you can add textures and certain patterns to your frames.
How to Add White Border to Photos – Microsoft Paint
- Open your picture with Microsoft Paint.
- Select the rectangle option in the Shapes section on the toolbar.
- Adjust the border color and size, then you can click and drag the border to cover the picture you open. Of course, you can customize other options like outline and filling. You can try them yourself.
- Once you are done, you can save it to post on your social media account.
If you want to have more image border choices, you can use Microsoft Word to add image frames. Here is how:
- Open Word and insert the photo that you want to add to the border.
- Pick a border style in the Picture Format section, there are 28 different basic borders that are offered to users.
- Customize the details by adjusting Picture Border, Picture Effects, and Picture Layout.
- Lastly, save it back to your Windows PC and post it on your account.
How to Add a Border to a Picture on Mac/iPhone
Since we have covered the methods on how to add a border to a picture on Windows, it is time to share an approach on Mac. In fact, adding a picture border is very simple on a Mac or iPhone. You may have to find a photo border app so that you can add border to photo on Android, but the situation is not the same with the iPhone. You only need to use Preview to do that.
- First, add your photos inside the Preview App.
- Click on the settings icon in the photo editor section.
- Select Frames and pick one style that you want to add.
- After adjusting some details, then you are done with the process.
More to Share
In this post, we have thoroughly walked you through the details of how to add a border to a picture so that you can make any style of picture you want and post it on your social media. We know that after Instagram took the border function off, there is so much trouble making an image border yourself. That is why we edited this article to help you guys. We hope you can at least get one useful method here and use it in your later life.
If you have any suggestions or problems, please feel free to contact us any time.