How to Speed up a Video for FREE in Windows
In this article, we will focus on how to speed up a video in Windows by both offline and online methods. The offline way is to use a piece of free video editing software–WorkinTool VidClipper. It is highly recommended since it is simple, convenient and completely FREE. The online way is to try a free online video editor–Clideo. Please start your reading now to know the specific instructions.
How to Speed up a Video in Windows–FREE Offline and Online Solutions
In this article, we will continue our discussion on valuable video editing skills. Last time, we talked about how to make a video slow motion for free in Windows. Today, we will focus on how to speed up a video in Windows by both offline and online methods. They prove to be simple, convenient and FREE.
Why Do You Need to Speed a Video up
The ability to speed up a video is quite essential if you are a traveling or a photography Vlogger. After shooting 24-hour footage, you definitely need to change its speed before showing it to your audience.
You need to make a video fast motion when
- You intend to manifest the landscape changes of a place within a short clip.
- There is no point in showing some useless footage, including meaningless processes in a daily Vlog or unnecessary preparation in a traveling vlog.
- You want to add a humorous tone or a film-like camera movement feel to a daily video to share on your social networks, such as Instagram posts or stories and TikTok.
As a result, it is pretty necessary to master the technique to speed a video up. Please read on to know the specific guides.
How to Speed up a Video through Desktop Video Editing Software?
Since no built-in programs can help you make a video speed up, you will definitely resort to a piece of handy video editing software to meet your request like this. Here, we will introduce you to a practical and FREE offline video editor–WorkinTool VidClipper.
📕How to speed up a video by WorkinTool VidClipper?
(The whole footage)
1. Open the tool and click the +New icon.
2. Hit Import to upload your video and then drag it to the editing bar below.
3. Click the video to activate the editing console and then find Speed.
4. Drag the progress bar in the right direction to increase the speed and then press the Export tab.
(The speed choice ranges from 1.0-original speed to 10.0.)
Here is the result.
📕How to speed up parts of a video in WorkinTool VidClipper?
1. Follow the first and second steps.
2. Move the blue editing line to locate the starting and ending points, cut out the clip to speed up, and then adjust the speed in the Speed section.
3. Click Export to get your edited video.
Please see the result.
Changes will apply to its duration and size accordingly when you speed your video up. To be more specific, your edited video will be shorter and smaller.
1). VidClipper makes your output customizable in the following settings:
- Video Formats: there are six formats, including .mp4, .avi, .wmv, .mov, .mkv and .gif.
- Video Quality: Three modes are available–High, Standard and Normal.
- Additional Output Settings: On top of the default modes for video quality, you can further decide both the video and audio qualities with the help of these settings–Video (Encoder, Frame Rate, Resolution Rate and Bit Rate) and Audio (Encoder, Sample Rate, Channel and Bit Rate).
2). The additional editing features in the console are there for you to assist you in creating a more customized speed-up video, from changing its background to flipping and rotating it.
3). You can personalize the reminder or the post-export status when your output is in the pipeline, including a ringtone reminder, PC shut down and no further operation.
🙋♂️Something More to Say
📌What is WorkinTool VidClipper?
WorkinTool VicClipper is a piece of powerful all-around free video editing software. Endowed with a relatively simple interface with several valuable features, it allows even beginners to edit their videos with minimal effort and in a flash. These are VidClipper’s main and acclaimed features:
To edit a video to speed it up, you only need a few steps to realize this goal with WorkinTool VidClipper. Hence, you don’t have to be tech-savvy.
Furthermore, WorkinTool VidClipper is utterly FREE for users currently. Hence, all the features are entirely accessible without a license payment and compulsory registration. You can totally rely on it to save your video as a speed-up one.
How to Make a Video Fast Motion via an Online Video Editor?
An online video editor proves fairly useful for those who are loath to download and install a third-party tool and have no problem with easy internet access. Based on our research, Clideo is a wonderful option.
Clideo is a remarkable and free online video editor. With the assistance of its multiple features, you can easily and instantly complete your editing tasks. When it comes to making a video speed up, you need less than five steps to fulfill this goal in Clideo. More importantly, you can upload a file from and save an outcome to cloud devices like Google Drive and Dropbox.
However, it can speed the whole clip up only. Also, a brand logo watermark will be inserted into your outcome and a license fee is required to remove it.
📕How to make a video fast motion with Clideo?
1. Open Clideo and then find Speed.
2. Click Choose file to upload your video.
3. Select the speed and output format you want and hit Export.
4. Press the Download button.
Here comes the output.
As for speed modes, there are three quick default ones on the editing page: 1.25X, 1.5X and 2.0X. Meanwhile, the speed bar is above it at your disposal to further increase the speed (the maximum speed option is 4.0X).
Please refer to our study of this method.
|😀Good News||😒Bad News|
📌Desktop Video Editing Software vs an Online Video Editor
It is hard to say which one outweighs the other as they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Please see our analysis below as a reference:
- A Desktop Tool: Much as downloading and installation are unavoidable, a desktop tool enables you to edit your videos whenever you have your PC, with or without the internet. Also, all your editing is undertaken on your PC, so it will be safer and more convenient. When the output is ready, it will directly be saved on your computer.
- An Online Editor: Whenever you have internet access, you can use it to complete your editing tasks and you save the process of downloading and installing a program. Nearly all the online video editors are now simple to operate, so you don’t have to be an expert in video editing. Nevertheless, you can do nothing when the internet is unavailable. Additionally, you have to download the output when it is ready. Also, it is relatively less safe than a desktop video editor since all the editing job is done online.
📌Why should you choose WorkinTool VidClipper?
- Lightweight and Simple: VidClipper is a lightweight and friendly program. Also, it wins users’, especially beginners’ recognition, by its easy-to-use interface with clear instructions on some of its feature pages.
- Multiple speed-up choices: How fast your video is can be easily decidable with the assistance of the Speed section: from 1.0 to 10.0.
- Abundant Additional Editing Features: Your videos can be easily and instantly customizable through our various editing features, including 100+ stylish texts, 60+ filters, 300+ transitions, 70+ overlay effects, 200+ elements and 600+ sound effects.
- Quick Editing Modes: You can quickly edit your videos with the functions listed on the right side of the opening page like video spliter, video merge, text-to-audio converter and more.
- High-Quality Guarantee: The output via WorkinTool VidClipper will be exported without losing quality.
- Completely FREE currently: You are entitled to all the features of WorkinTool VidClipper without any license payment and compulsory registration.
- Green: There will be no advertisements in the course of your video editing and no intrusive watermark added to the outcomes.
Speeding up a video and slowing it down have become important parts of video editing skills. Hence, it is essential to master them if you have frequent interactions with videos.
The two methods mentioned in this article prove to be easy, convenient and FREE. So we sincerely hope you can pick what is ideal for you. However, it is strongly advisable to give WorkinTool VidClipper a try.
Now, are you ready to create a fast-speed clip?