How to Record a YouTube Live Stream on PC for FREE
A YouTube live stream may not be as easily downloadable as a YouTube video, especially an ongoing one, but there is still a way for you to have it on your PC–record it. Do you want to know about it? Please read this article to learn how to record a YouTube live stream on PC and we will introduce you to an easy and free way–WorkinTool VidClipper. It is a powerful video editor equipped with a screen recorder. It is easy, convenient, helpful and 100% free. Please start your reading now to know the specific guide, along with additional useful information.
How to Record a YouTube Live Stream on PC [An Easy and FREE Way]
A YouTube live stream may not be as easily downloadable as a YouTube video, especially an ongoing one, but there is still a way for you to have it on your PC–record it. Do you want to know about it? Please read this article to learn how to record a YouTube live stream on PC and we will introduce you to an easy and free way.
|This article is 1934 words as there is plenty of detailed information. It will normally take 8 minutes to finish.
However, you can take your time and read at your own pace.
Now, let’s begin.😎
Why Do You Need to Record a YouTube Live Stream
YouTube Live has definitely been the largest live stream platform globally. There are a variety of fascinating channels, including music, sports, gaming, news, training, lifestyle and more. Therefore, you can almost do anything with its help, such as enjoying a live concert, watching a spectacular sports event, taking an online class, glimpsing a gaming review, etc.
Sometimes, the programs you are watching are so wonderful that you intend to save them all on your PC for future enjoyment. What can you do? You can absolutely subscribe to the channel and watch all of them online later. However, what if the streaming content disappears when you scroll down the screen and can’t find it back? What if you lose the content simply because the creator deletes it.
As a result, recording the YouTube live stream will be an ideal solution. This ensures that you can enjoy the content anywhere and anytime you have your PC and watch it repeatedly with ease so as not to miss any critical point, particularly for an online lesson session.
✔The recorded YouTube live stream is for your own use only and should never be used for any commercial purpose. Or else, you shall be subject to a penalty for violating the relevant copyright law and policies.
Now, let’s continue our discussion on know how to record a YouTube live stream.
How to Record a YouTube Live Stream on PC for FREE
It will be far from challenging at all to record a live stream on YouTube if you have a handy screen recorder on your computer. Today, we will present you with a new option in the market–WorkinTool VidClipper.
WorkinTool VidClipper is a powerful and helpful video editor. Inspired by both lightweight concepts and practicability, VidClipper’s designers endow it with various valuable features (including screen recording) but a clear and simple interface. Furthermore, practical tips are on some editing features so that even beginners will find it convenient to operate.
A screen recorder is equipped in WorkinTool VidClipper. The recording process is effortless and instant, with all the custom settings to help you export a unique recording. Therefore, you can use it to record anything on your screen, including:
|YouTube videos||Streaming videos||A TikTok|
|A Zoom meeting||A Google Meet meeting||A Webex meeting|
|TV Shows, such as Netflix||A Webinar|
More importantly, WorkinTool VidClipper is now entirely FREE for users, so all its features are accessible without any license payment and a compulsory Email registration. Meanwhile, free as it is, VidClipper will never force its users to watch any ads or put a brand logo on their output.
For more information, please read the Frequently Asked Questions on WorkinTool VidClipper in the More to Share About YouTube Live Stream Recording section. Now, let’s move on to the main topic.
📕How to record a YouTube live stream on PC with WorkinTool VidClipper?
1. Open the tool and navigate to Screencast on its opening page.
2. Make custom settings as you like and then click Start or press the hotkey Alt+F1 to begin your recording.
(Take Recording area as an example.)
📄Advice: It is highly recommended to choose computer sound only.
3. Hit the Stop icon in the floating box or choose the hotkey Alt+F2 to stop and save your recording.
(The Pause icon allows you to stop your recording temporarily without saving it. You can resume it by clicking the Play icon.)
Here are the results.
A drawing toolbox is available in the screen recorder of WorkinTool VidClipper and you can use it to add marks to or write texts on your recording.
📕How to record a YouTube live stream with marks or texts on PC?
1. Repeat the first and second steps above.
2. Find the pencil-like icon in the floating box and hit it to activate the drawing toolbox.
(You can deactivate it by right-clicking your mouse.)
3. Choose either the graphic tools or text feature to leave your marks or words on your recording.
4. Press the Stop tab or the hotkey Alt+F2 to stop and save your recording.
Please see the result.
🙋♂️Information on Drawing ToolBox
- The video content will pause when the drawing tool set is opened. So you can make your marks or leave your texts in the area you wish to highlight or write.
- Multiple drawing tools are optional in this toolbox, including lines, rectangular and circular graphs and texts. Also, their colors are easily adjustable.
📢Specific Notes on Main VidClipper Screencast Settings
|Quality||It indicates the video quality of your screen recording.
|Format||MP4, FLV and AVI|
Additional Screencast Settings
More to Share About YouTube Live Stream Recording
Frequently Asked Questions on YouTube Live
📌How to Live Stream on YouTube?
In order to go live on YouTube, you should first have a YouTube or a Google account and then enable live streaming: Go to YouTube Studio > Click + to find Go Live. It will take 24 hours to complete the enabling. Once it finishes, you can live stream on YouTube. It is highly recommended to read live streaming restrictions carefully before your start.
After that, you can choose the mode to go live on YouTube: webcam, mobile and encoder. If you are a live stream novice, you’d better select webcam or mobile, which is easy and convenient. If you are pretty experienced in live streaming, such as a game influencer, please feel free to select encoder. For more information, please refer to the link at the beginning of this answer.
📌How to watch live stream on YouTube?
You can watch live stream on YouTube by:
Either typing YouTube Live in the search engine to log in it directly.
📌How to record audio from YouTube live stream?
📌Is it possible to download a YouTube live stream?
- For an ongoing YouTube live stream: Unfortunately, no. It is undoubtedly impossible to download an ongoing one.
- For a past YouTube live stream: Partially yes. However, the download feature is accessible to the creator only. If you are a viewer, you need a YouTube Downloader. Therefore, WorkinTool Video Downloader is here to help you with this request. You can rely on it to download YouTube videos and live stream with minimal effort.
Frequently Asked Questions on WorkinTool VidClipper
💡What are other useful features that WorkinTool VidClipper possesses other than screen recording?
WorkinTool VidClipper also boasts the following practical features:
💡Why should you choose WorkinTool VidClipper?
- Convenient Recording Process: Four steps will be all that you need to record the screen.
- Various Recording Settings: Multiple settings are at your disposal, such as recording area, audio choice, video quality and video formats.
- Drawing Toolbox Available: A drawing toolbox is equipped to assist you in exporting a recording with marks or texts.
- Quick Editing Modes: On top of the screen recorder, you can use its other quick editing modes on the opening page to customize your videos, such as video splitter, video merger, video background remover, video converter and more.
- Abundant Additional Editing Features: Your videos can be easily and instantly customizable through our various editing features, including 100+ stylish texts, 60+ filters, 300+ transitions, 70+ overlay effects, 200+ elements and 600+ sound effects.
- High-Quality Guarantee: The output via WorkinTool VidClipper will be exported without losing quality.
- 100% FREE Currently: All the VidClipper features are accessible without any license payment and compulsory Email registration.
- Green: There will be no advertisements in the course of your screen recording and no intrusive watermark added to the outcomes.
It doesn’t have to be cumbersome and inconvenient to record a YouTube live stream when you have a handy tool. WorkinTool VidClipper is a useful desktop program that can be used as an ideal screen recorder, such as a YouTube live stream recorder. Hence, it is strongly advisable to give it a try.
Now, are you ready to use WorkinTool VidClipper and record a YouTube live stream?